Jay's Braces Journey...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VioletJay

Re: Jay's Braces Journey...

#46 Post by VioletJay »

Two week update pictures! The first day picture isn't exactly the best but hopefully it should show the position of the teeth... Also, they are taken at different angles (slightly) so you can't quite see in the second picture that my front teeth have been brought forward - it's so hard to get the angle the same every time! I need to think of a system or something...

Anyway what is really apparent to me is the change in the angle of the archwire on the front teeth - plus if you notice, my front teeth were slightly off - they're now lined up! Yay!

Here's the first day:

Here's two weeks later:

Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

VioletJay

#47 Post by VioletJay »

Had some serious ouchy sensitivity in my left front tooth and my right second molar yesterday - yowza! Seems to be a-okay this morning though. Nothing new to report really - I'm getting used to these suckers actually! And I went to an annual Easter Egg hunt yesterday and NOBODY noticed enough to say a darn thing about them! They haven't stopped me smiling - if anything, I've been smiling more! Weird!
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

VioletJay

#48 Post by VioletJay »

First adjustment tomorrow and I am excited! Bring it on! Wow - time flies huh!

I haven't really been bothered by the braces actually; I do put wax on the front brackets and wires in the night because I have a silly habit of sleeping on my face, which brings wire cuttage to my lower inside lip (overbite of course). Other than that I had a few annoying run ins with the rear brackets and the end of the wire but no ulcers of serious soreness at all. :)

Hope everyone is doing super well! :)

BetsyBug

#49 Post by BetsyBug »

Yay Jay!! good luck at your appointment today. Good to hear you haven't had much pain, my teeth are finally feel better too. My first appointment has been changed to next tuesday so a week earlier than my ticket says so I expect after whatever changes they make then I'll probably be hurting againg though....no pain no gain though right??? LOL
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

nogoingback

#50 Post by nogoingback »

Wow can I join in your teeth are all a really good shape. I had my ceramics fitted yesterday and keep on looking in the mirror or at people''s stories on this forum. Think I may be developing brace ocd. Glad to see someone with extraction gaps too! I'll be following you closely. Good luck!
[/url]

VioletJay

New Four Week Pictures!

#51 Post by VioletJay »

Picture time everyone! I think you can really see how they're moving from the change in the shape and location of the archwire... :)

First Day:
Four Weeks:
First Day:
Four Weeks:

Ta da!

BetsyBug

#52 Post by BetsyBug »

You can really see that your centeral incisors have come forward and looks like the lateral incisors on your right have moved some as well.....yay!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:
its so good to see some movement. My adjustment is going to be tuesday so hopefully I can see some changes as well :)
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

VioletJay

#53 Post by VioletJay »

I think my right premolar has moved out too - that would make sense as it's been super sensitive!

VioletJay

#54 Post by VioletJay »

Went back today to have the wire tie end on the right clipped off - it had been impaling me in the lip and tongue since yesterday's rough manipulation and replacement by a tech I can only describe as a car-mechanic-turned-ortho-assistant. I felt like she was manipulating the wiring in an engine yesterday. I was just about waiting for her to yell "pass me the frikken wrench, man." Anyhow today's experience was much nicer: wire was clipped off and the left wire tightened properly, which it wasn't before.

All is now well. Happy Easter/Spring Equinox, y'all! :)

VioletJay

#55 Post by VioletJay »

Well, it's six weeks in now and there are VERY noticeable changes. VERY.

Here's day four:

Here's today:

As you can see, I am now sporting a great big gap in between my front teeth and my second tooth on my right! They changed out the wire on that side which had been added to close the extraction gap just under two weeks ago and it's obviously made a difference. I kind of wish they'd changed the one out on my left too so that I could be "evenly gappy." Sounds silly, I know...

Here's day two from below:

Here's today from below:

What's really noticeable is the archwire, I think. It's way straighter.

So there we go! Yay! I did notice today that my front teeth are very sensitive (they have been for a few days) and maybe a shade darker on some of the photos than the other teeth. I think they are bruised from the movement, so I am going to treat them with extra care in the next few weeks and see how that goes. The difference in color is only visible from below and only on some of the pictures, not "in real life" so I'm trying not to be concerned.

The movement is really impressive though I think!

tmroy79

#56 Post by tmroy79 »

Looks good Violet! I love seeing movement. Its exciting and reminds me of why I am doing this. I have some sore teeth at the moment too. I hope it means they are moving!

maeby

#57 Post by maeby »

You're movement is so noticeable! Congratulations! :D

Also, I've been keeping up with your story, but I somehow missed the photos of your extracted teeth until today. So cool!
Read My Braces Story: "Maeby Getting Braces"

Top Arch Braced: April 18, 2012
Bottom Arch: October 9, 2012

BetsyBug

#58 Post by BetsyBug »

Hey Jay!!!

Its definitely easy to see the angle of the wire has straightened out quite a bit!! Things are looking good!! I'm so jealous of how clear your brackets are...of course I could have gone with clear but didn't want to spend the bucks on that. (but yours look way cooler than mine LOL)

I'm sure you are going to continue to see great changes in the next couple months!!!
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

VioletJay

#59 Post by VioletJay »

Okay guys and gals! There has been HUGE movement. I need to take pics and post them but suffice it to say my top row of teeth is looking significantly different than before! There are actually spaces where there weren't before, which is weird, but also the front four teeth are more straight than they've EVER been.

Got some work to do, but there'll be pics up before the end of the day... :)

VioletJay

#60 Post by VioletJay »

Right - pictures as promised!

Here's a few days after brace day from the front...

Here is yesterday - just about nine weeks...

From one side shortly after brace day...

Yesterday...

The other side shortly after brace day...

Yesterday from the other side...

Below, shortly after brace day...

Yesterday from below...

Yep, they're moving! :D :jump: :rawk: :dance: :jokerlaugh: :crazy: :BigGrin: :!: :!: :!: