kellyb's story (belatedly)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BetsyBug

Re: kellyb's story (belatedly)

#16 Post by BetsyBug »

Welcome Kellyb!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: congrats on taking the plunge!!!

You are so lucky that you haven't had much pain! I have had a pokey wire all weekend. I finally got my husband to get in there and bend it way out of the way so it would quit eating my cheek.

I'm only a few weeks in on my journey as well... hopefully I can start seeing some changes as well!!

I look forward to hearing more of your story ))hugs((
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

kellyb

#17 Post by kellyb »

hi Bec There :D , there are indeed some insensitive people in this world. i am usually a thick skinned person but this one really cut me deep. maybe if it was a family member or a close friend that made the comment i wouldn't be bothered but hearing it from someone who i didn't consider as being that close to, it really did hurt. anyhow, if it had not happened, i would not have been on this journey i am currently on so i will always consider it a good thing to have happened, despite the pain it caused at the time.

i will definitely be checking out your story (if i have not done so alreay). let me go and check :mrgreen:

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

kellyb

#18 Post by kellyb »

hi Betsybug :jump: :jump: *hug* right back at you
thanks for taking the time to read my story. i will be sure to check yours out as well. we are all on this journey together so let's remain united :-*

p.s. i was able to eat my lunch today with hardly any discomfort. i think i will be good by tomorrow.
i did ask my ortho on saturday if my teeth are moving to his satisfaction as i don't feel any pain. he thought i was crazy to ask. anyhow, he thought my pain treshold must be really high :D

braceface74

#19 Post by braceface74 »

hey kelly.. found you :)

Thank you for sharing your story and pics, what fab white teeth you have they are going to look awesome when you are done :).

I think it's good to share your story as there are so many on here to encourage each other with our decisions especially when having those 'OMG' moments. Another positive about sharing the pix is that you can keep track of your own progress which reasures us we have made the right decision.

Congratulations on your decision to go ahead and good luck with your journey.
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

kellyb

#20 Post by kellyb »

thanks braceface :mrgreen:

wal3

#21 Post by wal3 »

i can see your photos now! i can see you have a white wire it looks really good! i would have to have a metal wire but i'm not too bothered about that, your braces definately look more subtle than metal - you've helped a lot thankyou!

kellyb

#22 Post by kellyb »

ok noted.

the white wire is great to have but it does lose it's coating overtime. when i first had my lowers fitted, the white coating was gone within 2 weeks so for the remaining 4 weeks upto my next adjustment, my wire was completely metal. to be honest i didnt mind it when it was completely metal. it's when bits of it was white and other bits were metal i had issues. my ortho only use white wires. he has told me i can pop in at anytime to get my wire and ligs changed free of cost. i think i will definitely take him up on the offer once i can fit it in my schedule.

kellyb

#23 Post by kellyb »

time surely flies :D . i can't blv it is 11 weeks already since i had my lowers fitted :-*
looking forward to the next 'abt 15 mos' :)

smilingoutloud22

#24 Post by smilingoutloud22 »

Wow, the braces look great! Congratulations for taking that huge step. Inspiring story.

I can relate to going through life not being held back by my teeth (friends, relationships, successful career) and smiling ALL the time ... even more than the average person would smile probably haha.

But in the past several years, my teeth had been really called to my attention by a few little comments from people - some direct, some more joking and made about me in front of me in a pretend subtle way (none of them positive/constructive like "hey, have you ever thought about braces..."). I even reached a point where I absolutely hated even hearing a commercial for the vampire shows and movies (why did they have to be so popular the last couple years??) because I was afraid someone might make a connection to my crowded teeth. The couple random comments hurt my feelings a lot, but hey, teeth are able to be fixed, so if they are the worst of our problems, we have it pretty good. Sometimes people look for each other's imperfections to make themselves feel better about their own. We can smile wide now knowing that we are doing something to make ourselves feel better and more confident instead of dealing with our insecurities in a negative way such as bringing other people down. :)

Cannot wait to hear how your journey unfolds!

kellyb

#25 Post by kellyb »

hi smilingoutloud :mrgreen:
thanks for your comments. glad you found my story inspiring. it was not easy to write as what that guy said still hurts, however i feel i have turned it into a positive. i am already almost 3 months into an estimated 18 months journey and it is amazing how quickly the time is passing. i will definitely keep you guys updated on the journey :)

kellyb

#26 Post by kellyb »

My waterpik arrived today :-*
So exciting :lol:

tmroy79

#27 Post by tmroy79 »

I love my water pik! :jump:

kellyb

#28 Post by kellyb »

it's going to take me some time to learn to use it properly. made a right mess last night the first time i tried. water was everywhere except in my mouth :-*

LEtranger

#29 Post by LEtranger »

Inspiring to read about your positive attitude.
2012 Spring - Braces on
2013 Autumn - Surgery
2014 Spring - Braces off

kellyb

#30 Post by kellyb »

Thanks LEtranger :P