invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lesley

invisalign

#1 Post by lesley »

Hi guys,
I am new here but I am so happy I found this board.
I just got invisalign about 7 weeks weeks ago...everything is going ok.
2 questions:
I have a crossbite on one side of my mouth - has anyone had this fixed with invisalign? I hate hearing stories that didn't work - imagine going through all of this for nothing.
Also, has anyone had the "speedbumps" put on the front teeth? I don't have them right now, but I have a feeling I might and I really do thing they are noticeable. I have them on my bottom and I don't mind it b/c they are hidden. But I wanted to know if the top ones were noticeable.

Thanks!

invisagirl

#2 Post by invisagirl »

Hi Lesley,
I don't have a crossbite so I can't address that question but I do have speedbumps on the upper arch. As far as my speedbumps go when they first put them on I thought they were really noticeable but as time went on they are blending in better (in my opinion). I think its just when they put them on their so white it makes it obvious. Of course I asked a handful of friends and they said they couldn't tell so I'm probably just sensitive to it.

Hope this helps answer your question!

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

rooroo

#3 Post by rooroo »

Couldn't see my speedbumps at all. The plastic over them helps conceal them a bit.

I didn't have a cross bite but on the Invisalign webpage they show a case where a woman had a cross bite and it didn't fix it completely but drastically improved her bite.

And I don't think that Invisalign was for nothing. It was 2 years of my 3 year treatment that I didn't have to wear braces.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

invisagirl

#4 Post by invisagirl »

As most likely another Invisalign to braces person, I second that I don't consider my time doing Invisalign a waste. I posted pictures awhile back with my before picture and what things look like now and its a huge change!!! I wouldn't have started this journey if it wasn't for Invisalign and now I'm at the crossroads and I want to see this thing through. I spent 2.5 years with Invisalign and it was well worth it in my opinion! Having Invisalign got me over my fear of orthodntists and now I can see my situation out.

Good luck!!

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

lesley

#5 Post by lesley »

Wow - thanks so much for all the quick replies.
I saw the crossbite example on the invisalign site - I am hoping it can fix mine - though mine is not as noticeable. My teeth were perfect until they shifted and 2 teeth in the back went into the crossbite.
I got invisalign purely for the cosmetic purposes and would not get any other type of braces. I actually don't mind the "speedbumps" without the invisalign on - i don't think you can really see them. It's once you put the retainers in that I think it makes it look more bulky. Oh well - i will just hope for the best.

rooroo

#6 Post by rooroo »

Mine started out as purely cosmetic reasons too, but when youre in them for 2 years and your teeth arent exactly right, you end up wanting them to be perfect. Of course my teeth were relatively crowded, not a minor adjustment by any means.

Good luck with your treatment! Take pics often as a reminder that its working. It helps when your moral gets down in the middle of treatment.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment