Paying for Invisalign

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MIKE82

Paying for Invisalign

#1 Post by MIKE82 »

Hi,

going in tomorrow to start with Invisalign. Paying £3500.

How do people usually pay for it? The dentist was talking about getting finance for it, but I would rather pay cash each visit. Can you do this or do you have to pay for it all upfront? Don't think he gave me an option to pay as I get the treatment

Thing is, what if you pay him 3.5k, and next week he goes bust or runs off with miss world never to be seen again?

To me it doesn't seen right having to pay the full amount for treatment you might not receive for year

thanks mike

SimoSorriso

Re: Paying for Invisalign

#2 Post by SimoSorriso »

I payed the first time 1/3 of the total amount and after that a % every month till the end of my trays, now I'm on refinenments and I'm not paying anything, however was my dentist choice, I could pay the full amount in once but he insisted to be payed monthly :shock:

I guess it depends on the doctor...

janey1

#3 Post by janey1 »

Hi Mike, Yes it does depend on the dentist. I was told that I could either pay half at the beginning and then the balance at the end or pay it all at the beginning and get a five percent discount.

Chopper

#4 Post by Chopper »

I had to pay the total price up front, which was $5700 in Huntsville, Alabama, USA. A lot of money, but well worth it.

MIKE82

#5 Post by MIKE82 »

nice one

getting nervous now thinking, have i made the right decision getting invisalign?

going to be a big lifestyle change for me cause I like having a pint at the weekend, be gutted I can't now.

Made the mistake of researching a bit too much and came across some horror stories about invisalign which has thrown me off!

sammywantstraightteeth

#6 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

Hi Mike,

How is your treatment going?

It is probably rather late for you, but might help others with a similar query - my dentist did a deal where I paid a couple of deposits, and then cash installments.

I paid £350 for my impressions, treatment plan etc.
Then I paid £500 to order the aligners and get treatment started.
I was then asked to pay £180 every 4 weeks until the full amount (£2750) was paid, and collected 2 sets of aligners each time I paid an installment.

Once the final payment was made I got the remaining aligners in one go. This worked great for me, as there was no credit agreement, I was effectively 'pay as you go'. He only offered me this deal when I said 'I've got to go away and look at my finances, see if I can afford to do this'. I may have scared him into thinking I was going to back out.

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

MIKE82

#7 Post by MIKE82 »

Decided to wait until after Christmas to get mine on

thought I would go out over xmas as I wont be able to for a while

do your teeth move back to their original position after your treatment has finished

sammywantstraightteeth

#8 Post by sammywantstraightteeth »

Your teeth will move if left to themselves. Not necessarily to their original positions, and in my case most likely not - as I had 2.5mm worth of tooth removed in total to make room to fix my overcrowding, so they'd settle in a new position.

My teeth remain where they are meant to be. For the first 3 months or so after treatment I wore my retainers 22 hours a day (much the same as I'd worn my aligners). For the last 3 months I've been down to nightly wear only. Currently I wear them every night, the dentist said eventually I will be able to wear them just 2 or 3 nights a week for life.

Make sure you discuss retention plans with your provider before you start treatment - its never too early to ask about it.

Treatment started: 13th July 2010.
http://sammiesbraces.livejournal.com
http://pics.livejournal.com/sammiesbraces
Expected finish: 14th June 2011.
Upper Trays: 21
Lower Trays: 24

EmUk

#9 Post by EmUk »

I took out 0% finance with mine.

I paid roughly £850 deposit then I pay £80+ a month direct debit for 2 years or so!

It has made the process so much less hassle!

MIKE82

#10 Post by MIKE82 »

I was going to ask for a wire to placed at the back of my bottom teeth to stop them moving back into their original position

I had braces when i was a kid and there basically in the same position now as they were before the braces

turbocycle

#11 Post by turbocycle »

I'm in the US, and I am paying for my Invisalign using Flex Spending Account. This is a great way to use tax-free dollars to help pay for the Invisalign treatment. And since you can use the entire amount of your election at once, I was able to negotiate a "cash discount" with my dentist.

bham813

#12 Post by bham813 »

I paid half down and then a payment each month. My insurance pays about 1/3 of the total price. I am also in the US and am using my Flexible spending account to get reimbursed for monthly payments. :) Total cost was $5700 in Birmingham Alabama.

ibeezee

#13 Post by ibeezee »

1/3 deposit paid imm'd. the rest divided up for monthly payments lasting the duration of the treatment, no interest.