Powerchain ow (and not of the usual variety!)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracketRacket

Powerchain ow (and not of the usual variety!)

#1 Post by BracketRacket »

So, I had a lower central incisor extracted, and the fake tooth bonding was just removed so that we can start closing the gap. I have a powerchain from the lateral incisor to the remaining central. It's three loops long, one hooked around each tooth and one in the middle just kind of hanging out. The middle loop is killing me -- it's rubbing the inside of my lip raw! I can't really put wax on it, it won't stick, and the loop kinda moves around a bit. Any ideas? I am hopefully going to pay a visit to my ortho Monday to clip some unruly wires in the back and I'll ask, but until then, any clues? Thanks guys!

ashesgap

Re: Powerchain ow (and not of the usual variety!)

#2 Post by ashesgap »

I had that, but on my uppers. All you can really do is put a gob of wax on each tooth, then try to mash a piece in between, and get it to stick to the two already there. Or, one really big piece mashed onto the whole area, ortho-sil does really well. I know how much it's rubbing though. Just wait, as the teeth move, the brackets re-irritate the area. I'm not sure what the ortho can do for it, but am kinda curious to hear what he tells you. Good luck :mrgreen:
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

BracketRacket

#3 Post by BracketRacket »

So I have even more to look forward to? Yippeee! :lol:
Thanks -- trying to keep it waxed, but it's a challenge. I'll let you know if I get any enligtenment!

catgyrl

#4 Post by catgyrl »

I've had the same problem, albeit mine was from the canine back past my premolar. I used to just GOB on the silicone wax onto the surrounding brackets so that my lip/cheek would be pushed outward, away from the powerchain. Yes, it looked funny sometimes, but it did the trick. I also applied Orajel to the sore areas, which helped, too.