small lips (pictures)

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shanalouis

small lips (pictures)

#1 Post by shanalouis »

did anyone else's lips get small after a lefort 1..are my lips starting to look really small or is it just me :?

Imagemy lips before

Imagemy lips after

SLiM2590

Re: small lips (pictures)

#2 Post by SLiM2590 »

Your lips look less wide, but not smaller. When I think of small and big lips, I think of the fullness of lips.

So your mouth area looks smaller (as in less wide) but the size/fullness of your lips don't look much different to me.

My doctor did say that they can control the size of your lips from the stitching. I don't know how much they can control and I didn't really go into detail because I wasn't too worried about it, but maybe I should. I like my present day, pre-surgery lips.

ReoSity

#3 Post by ReoSity »

The angles are a bit different and it seems like you're slighting smiling in the first photo. I honestly don't see any difference.

shanalouis

#4 Post by shanalouis »

Lol...really

ok maybe its just me then...

lisette

#5 Post by lisette »

This will probably get me banned but someone has to say it so —

It’s definitely you, shanalouis. You spend a tremendous amount of time posting vague, often absurd questions and seeking validation. Perhaps you would do better to see a therapist to figure out what your issues are rather than trying to work them out on a message board. Really. Being around you for any length of time must be annoying as hell.

shanalouis

#6 Post by shanalouis »

that was really rude! if you dont like what i post then ignore them. its that simple. you dont even know me to say such things about me.

and i do not post absurd things here...mostly what i posted was about my surgery and what not, so i dont know what the hell you are talking about.

class3underbiteboy

#7 Post by class3underbiteboy »

lisette wrote:This will probably get me banned but someone has to say it so —

It’s definitely you, shanalouis. You spend a tremendous amount of time posting vague, often absurd questions and seeking validation. Perhaps you would do better to see a therapist to figure out what your issues are rather than trying to work them out on a message board. Really. Being around you for any length of time must be annoying as hell.

Many issues surrounding jaw surgery or any orthodontic treatment are based on aesthetics. So nothing wrong with discussing such issues here of all places, where people can actually relate.

hduggan

#8 Post by hduggan »

I'd also add than Shanalouis has had an unusually hard and long recovery (8 months and two surgeries!), and so has had a long time to sit around and think about how the surgeries are turning out. I'd have done *much* more complaining and worrying if I'd been through as much as she has.

I've also noticed that people who were very good looking before the surgery are more aware of the effects on their looks. We had someone else recently who posted alot worrying that she looked worse. I just think it's a bigger issue if you were pretty happy with the way you looked beforehand.

shutmymouth

#9 Post by shutmymouth »

hduggan wrote:I'd also add than Shanalouis has had an unusually hard and long recovery (8 months and two surgeries!), and so has had a long time to sit around and think about how the surgeries are turning out. I'd have done *much* more complaining and worrying if I'd been through as much as she has.

I've also noticed that people who were very good looking before the surgery are more aware of the effects on their looks. We had someone else recently who posted alot worrying that she looked worse. I just think it's a bigger issue if you were pretty happy with the way you looked beforehand.

This is absolutely correct. Many people that have extreme instances of malocclusion almost always look better. As a result the small little "bad" things (eg widened nose) that happen are by far out weighed by the difference that the improved occlusion difference brings.

However when you are dealing with malocclusions that are not as pronounced then you have to weigh the effect of appearance into your decisions. Depending on how much pain (or lack of) you are in, issues with your teeth... The change to your appearance (Esp if you are a woman and you LIKE your face) may not be worth the smile.

My nose was widened. I LOVED my nose pre-surgery. Hate it now. These are things that surgeons dont even think to address with patients who have less pronounced malocclusions.

Of all places Shana should post is here. Hang in there shana. I think you look absolutely AMAZING!

bracedfaced

#10 Post by bracedfaced »

Your lips are gorgeous. I know you've also been concerned about your chin. Please, please don't change a thing. You look perfect and I mean that!!

IHeartUnionJ

#11 Post by IHeartUnionJ »

Lol. So pathetic...

ReoSity

#12 Post by ReoSity »

Why would you bump a thread that's over a year old just to insult the OP? Now that is pathetic.

IHeartUnionJ

#13 Post by IHeartUnionJ »

I'm not even really calling her pathetic. It is more that she had all of this done and still isn't happy despite the fact that she looks pretty good. That is all. I should have worded that in a more sensitive way. :|

animalcroc

#14 Post by animalcroc »

for a good answer you need to post pictures taken in identical lighting and pose

overbiter

#15 Post by overbiter »

The look a bit smaller