Brace-Free!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

magopa

Brace-Free!!!

#1 Post by magopa »

After 2 years and 2 months, my braces were finally removed on June 1st! I have a permanent retainer behind both my top and bottom teeth as well as having to wear a Hawley full-time for 6 months. After that, it's only at night.

Before:

After:

I'm hoping that the space that is now opening in between my two front teeth can be fixed either with the Hawley or some procedure (bonding?) They're 100% better looking than before and overall I'm satisfied with my results. I'm getting whitening trays made next month at my dentist's office and can't wait to see what they look like after!!! The journey was long, but well worth it!

katiekatie80

Re: Brace-Free!!!

#2 Post by katiekatie80 »

Wow!! your teeth are beautiful!! Congrats! I'm having my 6 month smile braces fitted on Friday-and it's pictures like that which remind me why I'm doing it!! I'm quite nervous about the appearance of the braces!! The pain/discomfort I know I can combat with meds! Thank you for posting your pictures!!
K

ohioinvisguy

#3 Post by ohioinvisguy »

your teeth are beautiful! i have invisalign, and will doing refinements shortly. i am aiming for teeth like yours! my top arch is good but the bottom still needs work. thanks for your picture, that is the result i want in the end!
Check out my Invisalign Bog at http://invisalignadventure2010.blogspot.com/

lindesd

#4 Post by lindesd »

I actually have the same problem. I am going to get bonding done in-between my two front teeth, that way, it will get rid of the black triangle as well. Let me know how yours turns out.

Bullfighter

#5 Post by Bullfighter »

Looks fantastic. :thumbsup: