can a genioplasty be redone

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shanalouis

can a genioplasty be redone

#1 Post by shanalouis »

i had a genioplasty done but i still want to lengthen my chin a little more, can it be redone even though i already had one and how long would i have to wait

streo

Re: can a genioplasty be redone

#2 Post by streo »

shanalouis wrote:i had a genioplasty done but i still want to lengthen my chin a little more, can it be redone even though i already had one and how long would i have to wait
You need to take into account that you need to find a doctor who will agree with your perception that it needs to be redone. In an age where face transplants are taking place, something this simple can indeed be redone.

treevernal

#3 Post by treevernal »

I've read and Dr. Arnett confimed with a friend of mine that it is best to only operate on the chin once in your life. The scar tissue builds up with each subsequent surgery making it difficult to perform and heal from each additional surgery.

Make sure you really really need more projection before you rush into more surgery in this area. I'm sure it can be done a second time, but you're really pushing it if you do more than that.

shanalouis

#4 Post by shanalouis »

i just want a longer chin....can a chin implant make it longer :?

TwitBerry

#5 Post by TwitBerry »

Looking at your recently posted photo (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39249), I would NOT do anymore lengthening. It is perfectly good where it is now. Anymore projection and it'll probably appear manly.

Didn't you just have your upper redone? If so, it must still be swollen, and this temporary swelling may give the illusion that your chin is not in balance relative to your upper lip.

bracedfaced

#6 Post by bracedfaced »

I know you have had some functional problems with your surgery. But if that us all now resolved, I would leave things alone. Especially if it is just a cosmetic enhancement. Don't keep picking at it. Now stop obsessing about minor details and go out and enjoy that beautiful face. You really do look great. Please don't change a thing.

shanalouis

#7 Post by shanalouis »

thanks bracefaced. i guess i am obsess with my chin lately :oops:

Bullfighter

#8 Post by Bullfighter »

bracedfaced wrote:I know you have had some functional problems with your surgery. But if that us all now resolved, I would leave things alone. Especially if it is just a cosmetic enhancement. Don't keep picking at it. Now stop obsessing about minor details and go out and enjoy that beautiful face. You really do look great. Please don't change a thing.
I agree. Based on the photos I wouldn't change it.

RMF7825

#9 Post by RMF7825 »

Could not see the photos, but I would consider carefully before getting chin redone. Lots of risk for scar tissue and nerve damage. A chin implant can be put in but I have read quite of few posts of people who have problems with them. They can move out of position. You do have options, but it all comes with risks. Only you can decide how important it is to you of course.

shanalouis

#10 Post by shanalouis »

for those of you who could not see the photo, here is another one

Image]

bracedfaced

#11 Post by bracedfaced »

It's gorgeous, really. You really should be happy and leave it alone. I'm not convinced a redo would make you happy.

shanalouis

#12 Post by shanalouis »

thanks brace. i saw your photos. you are soooo pretty

mkbannon

#13 Post by mkbannon »

Hi- i had a chin implant put in and it was the most horrendous thing i've ever been through. the pain was excruciating for many years and never got used to it. I actually had it removed about 5 years later because it was so bothersome. Think very carefully before you opt for a chin implant.

shutmymouth

#14 Post by shutmymouth »

Shanna your profile is perfect. dont do anything else to it.