First Day in Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oneowl

First Day in Braces

#1 Post by oneowl »

First day in my braces to correct overbite and overjet. Not as bad getting them on as I expected and 6 hrs later and no pain yet. Just feels like light stress on my teeth. Hardest part is eating with bite turbos in but i have managed thus far. Thanks to this site it has made my decision to get braces much easier. Great to read and hear other peoples stories in similar situations. Just hoping I get a result I'm happy with now.

petal

Re: First Day in Braces

#2 Post by petal »

Wishing you all the best. Most brace days are pretty easy to manage. I hope your time flies by, I know mine is!

clangjr

#3 Post by clangjr »

Day 1 for me as well!

Rach44

#4 Post by Rach44 »

Congratulations and good luck to both of you! What kind of braces did you get?

Estimated Treatment Time: 30 Months

kaylaa

#5 Post by kaylaa »

I had bite turbos as well and you do get used to them. Congrats on starting your journey. It will go by quicker than you think!!!
:) :) :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oneowl

#6 Post by oneowl »

I received Damon braces with the bite turbos. Day 2 still going good - but I have a pretty funny lisp.

nifer237

#7 Post by nifer237 »

Congrats! I just got my top ones put on a few hours ago. You won't have pain today but over the next 2 days...Yikes. Just very sore. Take some time to enjoy soft foods or treat yourself to a milkshake.

llehsal

#8 Post by llehsal »

Yay!! Congrats....my braceday was quite easy as well :)

Shelby's Braces Story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35311

Crazy4Snow

#9 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Congrats to y'all!!!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13