Am I being paranoid? (Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xTc

Am I being paranoid? (Pics)

#1 Post by xTc »

So my braces are due to be removed in 6 weeks time, I have upper linguals and lower ceramic. Now I am happy with how they look, they are 100% better than before, but I'm super paranoid that they aren't perfect. My bottom teeth seem to have one that is slightly off.. to me it seems that way anyway... I wanna get someone else's opinion so I can speak to my orth before I get to my next appointment.. Am I just being stupid? I'm scared now that I'm gonna have them removed and regret not telling my ortho I'm not 100% happy :(

The pic isn't great and my teeth look yellow! Please forgive :)

Here's my uppers on day 1:

And today, really happy with them, gonna get the chip sorted out and the edges smoothed over once I'm debraced.. I have big teeth haha.

scorr77

Re: Am I being paranoid? (Pics)

#2 Post by scorr77 »

I would definetly let your orthro now you are not happy. You put in alot of money to have your teeth fixed and to pay for this and not like the outcome, is not good. I'm surprised he didnt ask you already how you feel about the corrections thus far. Just remember it never hurts to ask questions!

xTc

#3 Post by xTc »

He did ask me, he asks me everytime I go, but to be honest I never really looked at the lower teeth, my uppers were mainly the concern.. It's only after he said 'We can get you debraced next appointment!' that I went home and really started to inspect all my teeth..

I just don't know whether I'm being paranoid or stupid, I just feel looking at that picture that they aren't 100% perfect..

scorr77

#4 Post by scorr77 »

They look good to me, although I do see what your talking about on your left bottom. Just ask him about it!! Wish it was me getting mine off!

xTc

#5 Post by xTc »

Hey thanks it's nice to hear someone else has noticed it, I'll definitely let him know now. I wish they were staying on! This is my 2nd time in braces and I am dreading them moving back, so scared they will :( I am looking forward to the bottoms being removed because they make my lips feel huge but the uppers I totally forget about so I would probably keep them on forever haha.

sjeanine

#6 Post by sjeanine »

Hi I think I would also mention the bottom left one that is slightly off to him if he were my ortho....You paid for this so you deserve ALL the teeth to be straightened, not part of them. My ortho told me that his patients will all wear a retainer for awhile after the braces come off....just to keep them from moving back....isn't yours going to do that??

54 years old when braced...Dec 27, 2010
Ceramics on top and bottom teeth with metal behind canines
two teeth were pulled (top, behind canines)

Wheellug

#7 Post by Wheellug »

I had a similar problem with a couple of bottom teeth and my ortho just put a bend in the wire in a couple of places and they were corrected in less than a week. Sometimes the brackets are slightly off when they glue them on and it is much easier for them to bend the wire than to remove the bracket and reglue. Make sure you tell him which teeth are off or else it will bug you forever.

Jewles

#8 Post by Jewles »

Also remember the ortho can make minor adjustments using the retainer :) I was afraid he wouldn't let me debraced last week due to a few tiny issues but he said it can all be easily fixed with the retainer!

xTc

#9 Post by xTc »

Thanks guy I'm gonna get in touch with him now and let him know.

I am gonna be in retainers 2 days after I get debraced, I'm still worried they'll move though!

drrick

#10 Post by drrick »

Jewles wrote:Also remember the ortho can make minor adjustments using the retainer :) I was afraid he wouldn't let me debraced last week due to a few tiny issues but he said it can all be easily fixed with the retainer!
Yep. Many of these minor movements are done with the retainers.
Def tell the doc about your concerns
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

xTc

#11 Post by xTc »

Rang him and he booked me in the next day, can't beat that service!

xTc

#12 Post by xTc »

Looks like it was because the little elastic had popped off! I sat down and he noticed it straight away, I'm sure it wasn't like that when I originally noticed but now looking at the pic it does look like it had popped off..

Wohoo back on track :D Thanks guys.

sadpanda

#13 Post by sadpanda »

Hi -

I don't think you're being paranoid, but I do think that many people expect absolute perfection from their time in braces, and I don't know if that is possible. Then again, I haven't had braces before and I've only had my first set now for 6 months. I think you deserve to have the best results possible. I just don't know if perfection is always an option.