Scared Little School Girl

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jensceana73

Re: Scared Little School Girl

#211 Post by jensceana73 »

Hey Mike, thanks a lot. It's funny you should mention humor. I needed quite a lot of it over the holidays, what with seeing some of my family for the first time since getting braced. Don't ya just love em. :roll: Some of them remind me of.....of....hmmmmmm, a hemorrhoid!!!! :shock: They just pop up whenever the hell they feel like it, and just won't go away. Pretty irritating at times, yet ya just have to deal with it...um...I mean them. Ya, I got some pretty interesting comments. Nothing that a little wine couldn't make better. Of course...I'm pretty opinionated without the wine, so that should tell you what it was like 2 or 3 glasses later. :oops: (Hey, people with crooked teeth....should not....SHOULD NOT....be telling people with braces.....how their "wasting their money foolishly"). Ummm, nope. Don't think so. Nadda. And besides, I tripped for god sakes :yikes: , it wasn't like I purposely spilled that stuff all over her....like for real? FOREALLY??? :?

Anyway, wasn't feeling to well Monday, so I ended up having to cancel my ortho app. Rescheduled for the 19th. I am sooooo ready to get rid of these red and green ligs. I swear if one more person says "like, is that for Christmas?" :-= DA!!!! Do ya think? For real?!!! FOREALLY??? (that's my new word....said all at once...my kids hate it...so of course, I love it)
The ol teeth are still super loose. The top front 4. And of course they are the ones that need to move the most. That's ok though. I'm learning to love that feeling of.....achy looseness.

Hope ya all had a great New Years.......here's to our new smiles!!!!! :-88
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

goin4it

#212 Post by goin4it »

FOREALLY!!! you just tripped and got the wine all over her :huh: . Who would have thunk that. Its like totally an ACKIDENT, my bad situation. :roll: lol

I'm thinking perhaps you should post while you still have the Red truth serum flowing in you :wink: We need to know, how do you really feel. :dance:

jensceana73

#213 Post by jensceana73 »

Um...me posting while sippin some "gin n juice"....(for all your snoop dogg fans out there) would not...be smart. Simply because when I went to post the pictures, I'd probably...post....the wrong ones, and you'd see more than just my teeth. :shock: :huh:

Scary....very....scary...thought. :yikes:
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

jensceana73

#214 Post by jensceana73 »

Alrighty well, I had an interesting dream last night. :roll:

I don't know if any of you out there have had "teeth" dreams, but I have had them my entire life. Before braces....I use to have this dream that all of my teeth fell out. One at a time. They were in my mouth.....and then...ba-bam....they just fell out like "chick-lets" one at a time....into my hand....bloop...bloop....bloop. I'd wake up sweating, feeling each one of my teeth only to find out....ahhhhh :D , they were still there...YES!

Then, when I decided to get braces, my dream changed. I had about a month from the time my actual brace day was from the time I made the appointment. So for a month...I dreamt that the day after my braces were put on....they all fell out. Like, woke up, and no teeth, none, nadda, zippo, zero. Yep, had that dream many, many times before brace day. Almost made me not go through with it, cause I was thinking maybe the "higher ups" were trying to tell me something.... :-9

So anyway, haven't had any teeth dreams in a very, very long time. In fact.....these last months have been the most confident I've been, that my teeth AREN'T going to fall out, and then....last night happened.

I dreamt all frickin night.....not that my teeth fell out.....but that.....MY BRACKETS ALL FELL OFF, yet....the ligs, were still....on my TEETH!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: No matter what I did, picking at them, brushing them, calling the ortho,....nothing....NOTHING, made the ligs go away. No wire, no brackets......just green and red mother lovin LIGS!!!!!!!! :crazy:

I know why I'm having this dream, because I am super sick of these Christmas colored ligs I've had since Thanksgiving. SICK OF THEM. I still have a week till my appointment....but holy gods of the colored ligs...this is going to be a long week with dreams like that. :crazy: :crazy:

(Maybe I could just stick chick-lets over each tooth and cover up the ligs.....hmmmmm :roll: , there's a thought.)

opera^gal

#215 Post by opera^gal »

or chalk :heart:
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

drgnchsr36

#216 Post by drgnchsr36 »

jensceana73 wrote:Alrighty well, I had an interesting dream last night. :roll:

I don't know if any of you out there have had "teeth" dreams, but I have had them my entire life. Before braces....I use to have this dream that all of my teeth fell out. One at a time. They were in my mouth.....and then...ba-bam....they just fell out like "chick-lets" one at a time....into my hand....bloop...bloop....bloop. I'd wake up sweating, feeling each one of my teeth only to find out....ahhhhh :D , they were still there...YES!

Then, when I decided to get braces, my dream changed. I had about a month from the time my actual brace day was from the time I made the appointment. So for a month...I dreamt that the day after my braces were put on....they all fell out. Like, woke up, and no teeth, none, nadda, zippo, zero. Yep, had that dream many, many times before brace day. Almost made me not go through with it, cause I was thinking maybe the "higher ups" were trying to tell me something.... :-9

So anyway, haven't had any teeth dreams in a very, very long time. In fact.....these last months have been the most confident I've been, that my teeth AREN'T going to fall out, and then....last night happened.

I dreamt all frickin night.....not that my teeth fell out.....but that.....MY BRACKETS ALL FELL OFF, yet....the ligs, were still....on my TEETH!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: No matter what I did, picking at them, brushing them, calling the ortho,....nothing....NOTHING, made the ligs go away. No wire, no brackets......just green and red mother lovin LIGS!!!!!!!! :crazy:

I know why I'm having this dream, because I am super sick of these Christmas colored ligs I've had since Thanksgiving. SICK OF THEM. I still have a week till my appointment....but holy gods of the colored ligs...this is going to be a long week with dreams like that. :crazy: :crazy:

(Maybe I could just stick chick-lets over each tooth and cover up the ligs.....hmmmmm :roll: , there's a thought.)
I had a similar dream (about the brackets) and it freaked me out.. my brackets fell off, but it was due to my teeth getting tiny.. so there was no place or room for them to be glued on.

Also, saw my niece after her braces were off and she had no bottom teeth, just these weird plastic things in their place..

I think I'm freaking out that my teeth are getting worse with braces :p

What color are you getting next?

jensceana73

#217 Post by jensceana73 »

You funny Opera Gal....reeeeeal funny. Although..... :roll:

And drgnchsr36...as for my next color, it's funny you should ask because I have been trying to figure out which one I should try next. I'd like to do something completely different...maybe mix up a couple different colors. So as of right now, just trying to figure out which one's would look neat together.

Anyway, last night I was watching TV, and I did something that shocked the heck out of me. I...was judging people....on TV ads....about how well their teeth looked!!!!!!! :yikes: What is this world coming tooooooooooooooooo?????!!!!!

I mean, when I first got braces I would find myself doing it with people I would talk to. Not even on purpose. Just, by the end of the conversation, I realized I was checking out their teeth. Well late last night, there was an ad on TV about some kind of lipstick, and I was thinking/noticing how nice here smile was but then.....then....I noticed it. When they went in reeeeeeal close......it became very clear and obvious (to me) HER MIDLINE WAS OFF!!! Barley that is. Like, mi-nute. And that's, when I realized.....I need to get a life. :roll:

I never, ever thought a year ago, I, me with crappy teeth....would ever be like..."ya, you have a great smile, but ya know....your mid line is off".....WTH???? I mean, a year ago, I don't think I even KNEW what a mid line is, and now I'm staring at some chick's smile, who let me tell you has a wonderful smile, much better than I'll ever have, judging.....her mid line?? Really. Foreally. I.....need.....to get...a life. :(

God.. I hope spring is right around the corner. :cry:

jensceana73

#218 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok, so I have a question out there for everyone who is already braced. Do any of you have brackets that are placed right up almost touching, your gums???

I have 4 brackets that are real close to my gums. And I have 1, that I swear is almost touching it, so you don't see any "white" on the other side of the bracket. That's how close it is. Well trying to keep that area (gum) healthy and not "angry" looking is becoming quite hard and I just wondered if anybody else out there has any thoughts or opinions on how or what I can do to stay ahead of any gum issues later down the road.

I have asked about it both with my ortho and my dentist and they both just say...."do your best, there's not a whole lot you can do when the bracket is that close"

ashesgap

#219 Post by ashesgap »

The best thing i've found to clean the top and bottom of the brackets is a childrens toothbrush. The really cheapy ones that don't have any ridges, just flat. They even work pretty good when you're cleaning where the hooks are.
Hope that helps. :D
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

luchababe

#220 Post by luchababe »

jensceana73 wrote:I have asked about it both with my ortho and my dentist and they both just say...."do your best, there's not a whole lot you can do when the bracket is that close"
I laughed to myself about this. I've had the same kind of answers. Here we are freaking about the tiniest stuff but the orthos and hygenists are "Meh, whatever, don't worry, not much you can do about that now..." :roll:

GRILLZ

#221 Post by GRILLZ »

Here we are freaking about the tiniest stuff but the orthos and hygenists are "Meh, whatever, don't worry, not much you can do about that now..." :roll:
ROTFL!! aint that the truth!! i also noticed i was looking at a woman across the room....i was looking at her for the longest time trying to decide if she had braces or not.....and thinking that she sure did need them if she didn't, cuz although she had an attractive face, it would be so much better if her teeth /profile were fixed up a bit....

prior to my getting braces i never paid the slightest attention to anyone's teeth unless they were really horribly gross.. :BigTeethGrin:

drgnchsr36

#222 Post by drgnchsr36 »

ashesgap wrote:The best thing i've found to clean the top and bottom of the brackets is a childrens toothbrush. The really cheapy ones that don't have any ridges, just flat. They even work pretty good when you're cleaning where the hooks are.
Hope that helps. :D
Agreed! I use it to make sure I get my top gumline... and they're usually pretty soft.

jensceana73

#223 Post by jensceana73 »

ashesgap and drgnchsr36....hey guys, thanks for the reply about the soft toothbrush. I do use a kids little one, that is super soft. I just hope I'm getting in there. There literally, is NO space between the gum, and the bracket. NADDA. :shock:

luchababe....What I find interesting, is that I never, EVER looked at my teeth this much before braces...and maybe, I should have. Every itty bitty issue, change, non-change..you name it, raises MY eyebrow, yet my ortho and dentist for the most part, act aloof. So, clearly I've become very picky. And rightly so.

GRILLZ....I've noticed also that I am always, ALWAYS looking at people's teeth, where as before, I only noticed really, really nice teeth, because I would be....jealous. I wanted them. Now, I look at everyone's teeth, half the time not even noticing I'm doing it, UNTILL....I'm finding issues with them. I know. My bad. But, I spend so much time staring at my own, that I guess naturally.....I would be staring at others and checking.....what could be better. :roll:

I have an appointment on Wednesday, and I'm interested to get there, and see what's new. My teeth are still pretty sore on top in front. And today, my right front 2 feel really loose. Everyday changes. One day this tooth is loose, the next it's sore, and then the next, it's a whole entire different side of my mouth. Which means of course......CHANGE!!!!!!!! :BigGrin:

drgnchsr36

#224 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I'm getting the same worry as you had, but as long as your dentist and ortho aren't too concerned.. I guess the best is to do the best you can with brushing.. my back molars are completely covered by the bracket/wire thingy.. no tooth really exposed. So, I hope that it's OK as well.

Anyways, keep us updated!

BraceFace2o1o

#225 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

jensceana73 wrote:Ok, so I have a question out there for everyone who is already braced. Do any of you have brackets that are placed right up almost touching, your gums???

I have 4 brackets that are real close to my gums. And I have 1, that I swear is almost touching it, so you don't see any "white" on the other side of the bracket. That's how close it is. Well trying to keep that area (gum) healthy and not "angry" looking is becoming quite hard and I just wondered if anybody else out there has any thoughts or opinions on how or what I can do to stay ahead of any gum issues later down the road.
I am having the same problem :roll:. But also the elastic hooks are going up above my gum line on some teeth and I am finding it difficult to get my brush right in/behind there to clean, it's so frustrating! I am worried my gums are going to get upset and plaque will start to build up. I've tried getting a proxabrush behind there, but it's so tight (between my gum/tooth and the elastic hook) that it actually rubs too much, then it gets stuck and I have to yank it out which then hurts my gum. I actually used a toothpick the other day to try and get a bit of food stuck up behind the damn elastic hook, not a good idea... I slipped and OUCH.

I guess I can only do my best when trying to keep everything clean. Oh the joys of being braced huh? Worry worry worry :lol:
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos