MacGirl4Ever's Journal

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tommm

#16 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on your 1 month! I can totally see the progress!

macgirl4ever

First Adjustment

#17 Post by macgirl4ever »

So far, this ride has been awesome! I finally figured out how to post photos!

This is a picture taken the day I was braced:
Uppers and Lowers: 14 Niti

This is a picture taken today, shortly after my first adjustment:
Uppers: 16 Niti
Lowers: 14 Niti with two wire ligs (ouch!)

You can follow my weekly blog at this address:

http://web.me.com/julia_kelly/The_Brace/Blog/Blog.html

macgirl4ever

2nd Adjustment

#18 Post by macgirl4ever »

I had my second adjustment today. My bottom wire was changed from a 14 NiTi to a 16 NiTi. My upper was changed from a 16 NiTi to an 18 NiTi. I mentioned that my upper incisor was chipped by one of the lower brackets and Dr. Andolani said that he would file it. I chose silver this time because I am going to several events where the less noticible they are the better. [/list]
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

macgirl4ever

2nd Adjustment

#19 Post by macgirl4ever »

Here's a picture of my progress thus far.

macgirl4ever

Fourth Adjustment

#20 Post by macgirl4ever »

I thought I'd post something on this since I haven't in a really long time. I'm still keeping up with my weekly offsite blog and checking back at archwire for advise. I just had my fourth adjustment last week. I was switched from a U/18g SS and L/18g NiTi to U&L/22g NiTi.

This is my lastest pic:

And here's one from the beginning to compare:

My arches are definitely becoming more rounded. This last change has done a number to my teeth. Within 48 hours I was in need of having the wire trimmed! I'm going in on Monday to have it cut off before I head down for a week at the beach! I know I could perhaps do it myself but I figure that's what I pay my orthodontist for and since the orthosil seems to keep it at bay, I'll just wait. Finally, my ortho said that I would start having powerchains next adjustment to close in all the gaps which is why he bumped my archwire up to a 22g this time. I'm excited because it seems as though I'm entering the middle part of my treatment!

macgirl4ever

5th Adjustment-Powerchain and Rubberbands

#21 Post by macgirl4ever »

I had my 5th adjustment this week (but whose counting). It was really excellent. Not only did I get powerchains, I also got rubberbands to help me start correcting my bite. They cause my teeth to be as sore as they were when I was first banded, but I know the more I wear them, the shorter I will be in braces overall. I have even attempted eating with them with varying results. For now, I sometimes take them out to eat and always take them out to brush. I don't think I spend more than an hour total with them out. My teeth are now hitting in places they never have before and places I have never experiences teeth meeting before!

Here's pictures of the configurations. Neither are really crazy. The triangle one gets in the way sometimes!
ImageImage

The powerchain has done wonders! My front teeth are almost but not quite touching. ImageThe powerchain moved them quick. I can also tell that the powerchains and elastics are pulling my teeth in and feel like my lips can close over my braces better.

My orthodontist said that I wasn't quite 50% done which I think is fair. I hope with excellent elastic usage I can have these off by June or July!

Adjustment to Adjustment Comparison:
ImageImage

Ladybird

#22 Post by Ladybird »

Hi macgirl4ever,

Your teeth are a really nice shape and look so much better with the gap closed. They look really pretty in the picture with the pink ligs and I think they'll be fab when they're finished.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment

x

macgirl4ever

I used floss!

#23 Post by macgirl4ever »

Okay, I always use floss. This time, however, is was to remove a particle that was stuck between my once gaped teeth! I still have a very small "hole" at the gum line but I am very, very happy today!!!!

macgirl4ever

Re: MacGirl4Ever's Journal

#24 Post by macgirl4ever »

I didn't want to be one of the slackers, but alas I scummed to spending less and less time documenting my teeth! To anyone who cared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lilone

#25 Post by lilone »

Wow, incredible! Congrats!

JennyLaughs

#26 Post by JennyLaughs »

Congrats MacGirl... your smile is beautiful!!!

nachoesq86

#27 Post by nachoesq86 »

Very nice progress. I await when I´ll have my braces on to have such a good progress

Ems

#28 Post by Ems »

Wow your teeth look amazing congratulations :D

drgnchsr36

#29 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Looks great, congrats!!