Braces iPhone App

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TWild

Braces iPhone App

#1 Post by TWild »

Hey guys, having Lynn's permission (thanks!), I've decided to see if any of you are iPhone users and would like to become a beta tester for an iPhone app for people that have or have had braces!

If you are interested in beta testing, send me a PM with the following info:

Where do you live? (just need general location - country)
Device type: iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod touch (which generation?)
iOS version: ie, 4.2, 4.0.1, 3.2.1, etc.
Is your device jailbroken?
Which provider you use: At&t, etc

I will probably start off with maybe 3 - 5 testers and then add more people as bugs are ironed out and more functionality is added/changed.

Thanks!

- Tommy
Braced 10-06-2008
De-Braced 11-21-2011 Woohoo!

bbsadmin

Re: Braces iPhone App

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

This thread is totally legit, so if you want to be a beta tester on this app, go ahead, no worries!

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Revolver

#3 Post by Revolver »

I'm in, although I have no idea what a brace app might do. I'm getting braces in a couple of weeks. PM being sent. Thanks.

MarciLouWho

#4 Post by MarciLouWho »

Hi,

I'm brand-spanking-new here on the board, so I cannot view profiles and I cannot do fancy things with my signature, yet. I am an avid iPhone user and if you're still accepting testers, I'm definitely interested.

Oh yes. Hi. My name is Marci and I am going to be fully metal headed (uppers and lowers) on December 30. At 45 years of age. I'm not going through my second childhood - I wasn't finished with the first one!

Thanks,
M

TWild

#5 Post by TWild »

MarciLouWho wrote:Hi,

I'm brand-spanking-new here on the board, so I cannot view profiles and I cannot do fancy things with my signature, yet. I am an avid iPhone user and if you're still accepting testers, I'm definitely interested.

Oh yes. Hi. My name is Marci and I am going to be fully metal headed (uppers and lowers) on December 30. At 45 years of age. I'm not going through my second childhood - I wasn't finished with the first one!

Thanks,
M
PM sent :)
Braced 10-06-2008

MarciLouWho

#6 Post by MarciLouWho »

Hi TWild! Unfortunately, I'm *that* new that I cannot even view PMs.

Sorry to be a PITA.

M

TWild

#7 Post by TWild »

MarciLouWho, send me an email to support@icyplains.com and we will go from there :)
Braced 10-06-2008

Epurica

#8 Post by Epurica »

Hey, I'd also like to test, if your application is available for Iphone 2G that is :) I have 3.2.1 I think...

TWild

#9 Post by TWild »

Epurica wrote:Hey, I'd also like to test, if your application is available for Iphone 2G that is :) I have 3.2.1 I think...
The app will require at least 4.0. I will do some research to see how many changes would need to be made to support 3.2.1, so I will keep you in mind :)

We could use a few more testers if anyone else is interested. I still have some unread private messages in my outbox that some of you that were interested in have not read yet, fyi :D
Braced 10-06-2008

catgyrl

#10 Post by catgyrl »

Sent you a PM. I don't know what gen. my iPhone is, though...

MarciLouWho

#11 Post by MarciLouWho »

I can definitely testify this is not only legit, the app is downright cool! (Insert smiley face and/or thumbs up here.) I'm still too new to have the "Full Board Experience." :o)

Marci

bbsadmin

#12 Post by bbsadmin »

Now that my houseguests have left, I have some time. So if you still need testers, I'd be willing. I have an iPhone4.

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

RHOyally Braced

#13 Post by RHOyally Braced »

Are you still looking for betas? I'm willing to try it out. Just let me know

Where do you live? NYC
Device type: iPhone4,
iOS version: ie, 4.2
Is your device jailbroken? No
Which provider you use: At&t
~RHOyally Braced~

TWild

#14 Post by TWild »

RHOyally Braced wrote:Are you still looking for betas? I'm willing to try it out. Just let me know

Where do you live? NYC
Device type: iPhone4,
iOS version: ie, 4.2
Is your device jailbroken? No
Which provider you use: At&t
We still have room :) I'll send you a PM.
Braced 10-06-2008

uvraise

#15 Post by uvraise »

I would like to try it also if there is still room! I live in Philadelphia, PA, I have an Iphone 4, Version 4.2.1(8C148), the phone is NOT jailbroken, my provider is AT&T! Thanks!
uvraise