Finally...Some progress pics!

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chicago29

Finally...Some progress pics!

#1 Post by chicago29 »

As many of you know I've been an active member on this message board for over 2 years since I started this journey of orthodontics and jaw surgery. I have taken SO MUCH from this message board, and now I feel it is time to give something back to the people that are out there like I was over 2 years ago...lurking on this board and wondering whether or not to go for it.

I am posting some links to before/after pics that document the journey I've been on. I'm posting these because I want to show people what can be done with modern orthodontics and orthognathic surgery.

Here is my bite and profile before surgery. I've seen many cases on here, but I think I may win the prize for being the biggest disaster when starting out :lol:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gB ... directlink By the way, I know things are bad, but I don't know what that brown spot is on the left lower canine...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JO ... directlink

After 18 months of braces and 2 jaw surgeries, here is where I'm at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_0 ... directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ml ... directlink

I am probably about 3 months from being debanded assuming everything goes correctly in fine tuning my bite. I'm crossing my fingers!!

Hope these posts encourage somebody out there to go for it. If I can be fixed, there is hope for you!!!

Regards
Chicago29

chicago29

#2 Post by chicago29 »

By the way, the pre-surgery bite pic was taken 2 days before my first surgery (SARPE and MSDO) immediately after my top and bottom hyrax expanders were placed. So, that's why you see the bands and wax balls!!

VikingGirl

#3 Post by VikingGirl »

Wow! What a difference! Your results are absolutely amazing!

mamaneedsanewjaw

#4 Post by mamaneedsanewjaw »

Wow, wow and wow!!! Congrats to you Chicago! You look amazing! :D

WiredRunner

#5 Post by WiredRunner »

Your results are incredible! I can't imagine how different/better things must be for you, congrats!!
Braced December 14, 2009
Debraced November 9, 2011

LeahRuth

#6 Post by LeahRuth »

Wow congratulations! It's totally worth all the pain and discomfort in the end, isn't it? :)

shanalouis

#7 Post by shanalouis »

nice! :D.......

Broadway Bill

#8 Post by Broadway Bill »

Wow, Chicago...

those are some the most dramatic results I have ever seen. What was your total time from start of all treatment until now?

Incredible.

chicago29

#9 Post by chicago29 »

Thanks everybody...It means a lot to hear those words and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I still don't believe I embarked on this journey...

Just to provide a bit more detail - I was butchered as a kid by a quack orthodontist. My case should be looked at by any parent that is questioning their child's orthodontist or wondering what to do in the situation of having misaligned jaws. I clearly should have had jaw surgery when I was 18, but I got so messed up that I had tremendous fear of ever seeing another orthodontist. I just ignored the problem until one day I just said "I'm going for it"...

So far, this is probably the best thing I've ever done in my life. And, I don't even have the braces off yet...

Broadway Bill - I had my first surgery on 2/4/09, was braced on 5/4/09, and had my bi-max on 9/15/10. So far, I've had about a 21 month sentence. The current guestimate on debanding is possibly around Xmas, but more likely January or February.

Once again, thanks to everybody for their kind words of support!

Regards
Chicago29

NervousNewbie

#10 Post by NervousNewbie »

Wow... absolutely amazing. I can't imagine how happy you must be. Fantastic results!

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

Broadway Bill

#11 Post by Broadway Bill »

Chicago, it is wild that your sentence has been so (relatively) short and yet the results so impressive (and life-changing, I am certain).

I was braced 4 YEARS AGO this November. My surgeon thinks another year or so in braces after surgery, so all in all about 5 years (if all goes as planned). And I am certain that, overall, the results of my surgery will be not nearly as dramatic as yours (although I can already say that this has been a totally life-changing experience).

Izzy1979

#12 Post by Izzy1979 »

wow amazing. I think you may have gone from "under my league" to "out of my league" ;)

mountaingirl

#13 Post by mountaingirl »

Those are some amazing results. Thanks for sharing.
Upper segment and lower jaw advancement on June 23, 2010.

Rodney008

#14 Post by Rodney008 »

Very impressive Chicago! Great results!

sauerkraut

#15 Post by sauerkraut »

Just brilliant, chicago. And thank you so much for posting. You are an inspiration!
SARPE: Sept 2007
Braced: May 2008
BSSO: Nov 2010
Debraced: March 2011