Braced at 35. Huge pictures of my Before.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RedDress

Braced at 35. Huge pictures of my Before.

#1 Post by RedDress »

My class II overjet, deep bite.
Crowding.
Braced 4 days ago.

Biting down

RedDress

#2 Post by RedDress »

a lot of people say that braces don't hurt.
Not for me. For me it hurt like hell and I am really annoyed with all this stuff on my teeth. I am allergic to ibuprophen. have to find something else to kill the pain.
A lot of people even say that they "love their In-Ovations, Damons you name it." Sounds really odd. Because I really do not see how I could love "My Innovations".
I am going to have a non-extraction treatment. God knows if that will work. Nothing really changed since I am wearing them. I am not even sure something really is going to change till my next appointment.

I have this spring in my lowers. I am almost sure that is only a Halloween decoration.

evilnel

#3 Post by evilnel »

Hey, RedDress, have you tried Naproxen rather than ibuprofen? It works in a similar fashion and lasts longer (12 hours as opposed to 2-4 for your average ibuprofen dose).

RedDress

#4 Post by RedDress »

Thanks a lot, I will try.

What bothers me now is that one of my lower teeth is being pulled outwards. In the beginning my two central lowers were alligned. Now one is being pulled outwards, because of the way the wire goes around that bracket which is not wired yet.

RedDress

#5 Post by RedDress »

This was poted in another topic, but rather relates to this one.
UGHBRACES wrote:
VA5 wrote:You know, that is kind of an unnecessary comment, and kind of mean. Reddress didn't ask for your opinion regarding that, I don't believe.
Yeah, after what you two have been saying about this girl I am the mean one.

Reddress said I wish somebody just said it plain to me:
Yes your teeth are not great, and I CAN NOTICE IT.

So I was just figuring if she had wanted people to tell her that her teeth are not great, well then she'd probably appreciate somebody saying the same about her gummy smile(which actually does exist).l.
I think I should better reply here, where it belongs to.
So, I am not actually smiling in any of these pictures. I am trying to expose my teeth as much as possible so that I could judge the progress later on.

Oh, well, as soon as I get the camera (it is at my husband's office now), I will post the pictures of my smile :D
Now, I am not really asking people for comments and oppinions, just thought I missed that picture - there should be some smile picture anyways.

RedDress

#6 Post by RedDress »

My "Gummy" smile

RedDress

#7 Post by RedDress »

Couple of days in braces

Almost a month. Upper arch rounded.

I am not sure if I like my new too toothy smile now. As I smile a lot more teeth are showing.

Snowglobe32

#8 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hi there,

What is your estimated treatment time? It doesn't seem to me that you will need braces for long at all.

Since I have braces, I know what an overjet is but I don't see anything else wrong. What is a deep bite? I have heard that term but don't know what it is.

You will have a great result when done!

RedDress

#9 Post by RedDress »

estimated treatment is 18 month
Deep bite means that lower teeth are almost all covered by the upper when biting down. Not sure if and how my ortho is going to fix it.

Snowglobe32

#10 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Thanks for explaining. I bet he/she will pull your upper arch back to fix the bite.

RedDress

Re: Braced at 35. Huge pictures of my Before.

#11 Post by RedDress »

Second adjustment was Friday. They took away the spring and engaged the tooth under it.
I have black triangles now. I had a fight with my ortho. He did not want to smooth the front tooth filling which was overdone and curvy while the tooth next to it is straight.. He said I should go back to my dentist to have the filling shaped. Under the wire??? Or should I have the wire taken off and go to my dentist and go back to you??
I am starting to get worried about the choice of ortho.

drgnchsr36

#12 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I have a deep bite as well..

I'll let you know how it goes.. that's the main reason why I'm getting braces and it seems to be a pretty common issue.

RedDress

#13 Post by RedDress »

drgnchsr36 wrote:I have a deep bite as well..

I'll let you know how it goes.. that's the main reason why I'm getting braces and it seems to be a pretty common issue.
Hi, Drgnchsr36.
Thank you. I will appreciate indeed if you let me know how your bite plate works of whichever appliance you choose. I forgot, do you have braces on both already upper and lower? I remember you said you have braces, but I am not sure if you have them on both uppers and lowers.

drgnchsr36

#14 Post by drgnchsr36 »

No braces yet! I get my uppers (ceramic) Jan. 6th - I'll try and start a thread when I get them in the brace stories section.

I supposedly won't get my lowers (metal) for 4 months? Depends on how much my teeth move. Right now, my upper teeth completely cover my bottom teeth and are slanted inwards, so no room for the brackets.

I'll let you know, I'm going towards the removable bite plate - will see if my ortho will agree and let me do that option!

goin4it

#15 Post by goin4it »

I get my metal put on Jan 11th so it appears we are all starting around the same time. I am 43 and have needed braces since childhood but learned to live with it due to the prohibitive cost.
I am grinding the heck out of my teeth, which I belive is due to the overbite and since my overbite appears to be similiar to yours I am wondering if you also have this problem?
They say it is never too late and with just 21 easy broke payments (lol) its looks like the time is now.