your next appointment...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pasr16

your next appointment...

#1 Post by pasr16 »

Hey guys. i was wondering how do you all feel when your next appt is coming? so you feel nervous? excited? anxious? or maybe you dont care? let me know! i always get anxious because i don't want them to do something that will result in pain, but at the same time if they do it's ok because that means im making progress. let me know what your thoughts are!

Donna

#2 Post by Donna »

My braces came off a few weeks ago, but I always looked forward to my appointments because I knew that every time an adjustment was made, it would be one step closer to getting to the final result. I never worried about the pain because for the most part, I didn't really have any.

Ionika

#3 Post by Ionika »

at the first few appointments i was worried about my hygene beacuse as i am fixing severe crowding, and as it was hard enough to floss before, imagine how hard it became with wire in place,
and as we were waiting for the first signs of allignment, she was cristicizing my flossing... though i always explained there were angles i couldnt do... now it s over, they are allingned and flossing its a dream :)

so i think about questions i want to ask- i keep forgetting them the minute i sit in the chair :P

and wonder about what she is up to :)
i like that she wears a plastic mask that reflects and i can see a bit of what she is doing :D

EstelleDeParis

#4 Post by EstelleDeParis »

My next appointment in on Nov 10th.

I am getting impatient and excited because I will get the whole bottom and top wired. They didn't do it last time because my lower front teeth were too sore. It is already so much better with the pain.

The only thing I am not looking forward to is that after i get rewired I won't be able to eat so much. At the moment because I miss so much molars, I can't chew on my left side. I always end up popping the wire and it hurts my front teeth even though they made sure that the wire slide out of the last molar.

When they wire me completely I will have this on both side which means not even able to eat soft bread or anything that needs a little bit of chewing. :cry:

poppy123

#5 Post by poppy123 »

i love my appointments, i am so excited. i count the days til the next one arrives.

WiredRunner

#6 Post by WiredRunner »

poppy123 wrote:i love my appointments, i am so excited. i count the days til the next one arrives.
Same! I'm looking forward to getting debraced soon but at the same time I'm sad my visits will eventually end. People think I'm crazy when I say this but I always have a good time at the orthodontist. :lol:
Braced December 14, 2009
Debraced November 9, 2011

catgyrl

#7 Post by catgyrl »

Ditto! Im always so stoked to go to my adjustments. They told me my schedule is "4-6 weeks", but I always pick the 4 weeks. And for this next one, it's going to be about 3 weeks and 5 days, because I just happen to be off work that day, and didn't want to take off again. They said that was fine. :D

fosterp

#8 Post by fosterp »

i like going in because usually the following few days there's a noticeable amount of movement (and pain usually)

VA5

#9 Post by VA5 »

I'm totally excited (okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit) for my appointments. I feel anticipation that my ortho will do something DIFFERENT for me at each visit. But alas, most of the time I'm let down and nothing new or anything really that drastic is done. Lol. It just takes forever in between appointments. To be honest, I wish they were only 2 weeks apart, lol.

pigonthego

#10 Post by pigonthego »

I am. In two weeks I have my impressions and two weeks after that DEBANDING!!!!!!!

VA5

#11 Post by VA5 »

pigonthego wrote:I am. In two weeks I have my impressions and two weeks after that DEBANDING!!!!!!!
The impressions are for retainers right? I thought you had to get that done after the debanding? So, are you going to get your retainers right after you deband?

naijaman

Re

#12 Post by naijaman »

Well....I just got my braces 2 days ago and I'm still figuring things out. My first appointment is on Nov. 11th, however I'm going to have to go in to be seen this coming Monday because one of my ceramic brackets already popped loose today as I was eating my lunch. I will say that I'm already looking forward to the Nov.11th appointment.

Dilema

#13 Post by Dilema »

my first adjustment is on th 24th, almost 5 weeks in..getting my wire replace with a thicker one..hopefully more movement

Dilema

#14 Post by Dilema »

Dilema wrote:my first adjustment is on th 24th, almost 5 weeks in..getting my wire replace with a thicker one..hopefully more movement
I meant the 23rd

Lynette

#15 Post by Lynette »

I count down the days too. Only 2 weeks and 4 days haha.

I am excited about getting my next wire, but unfortunately that might not be for another month or 2.

23 year old female with ceramic braces.

http://www.projectbraceface.wordpress.com