JackJack wants a pretty smile! :)*closing extractions!*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jackjack

#16 Post by jackjack »

thanx for your kind words ken...they are highly appreciated :)
this wednesday i get my lower bicuspids taken out :shock: still running high on the anxiety level...extractions by far have been the most difficult part so far...just add so much to the mix of getting braces...
molar bands are still killing me too...ahh taking it one day at a time though..hopefully the best is yet to come...gotta stay positive!!

jackjack

#17 Post by jackjack »

extractions are dunzo!! yayy no having to anticipate those bad boys!...so here i am about 3 hours after my extractions of my lower 1st bicuspids...everything went smooth like last time...except i was a bit more nervous for some reason...i knew what to expect but i dunno, i was a bit more scared...when i changed my gauze for the first time i was sooooo not looking forward to looking at those holes!! im already so used to my top extractions so these new ones i was not ready to look at....i was worried how i was going to look with an additional 2 more gaps but u know what u cant even notice from the front when i smile, the side isnt that bad either...just looks dark in my mouth but not gappy...i shall post pics when i have a little more energy and my holes arent as bloody...27th i get my lowers braced and finally the progress begins!!!

jackjack

JackJack*Officially Braced!*

#18 Post by jackjack »

so its almost 2am...can't sleep...so where am i? here! lol
so i am officially fully braced! yay for me!! lol....got my lowers braced on August 27, had them for about 4 days and yesterday was 4 weeks with my uppers! gosh ive seen so much movement with my uppers!!! its soo cool to see and so encouraging to see progress. Can't wait to see progress as well on my lowers since they are so much more crowded! Those being braced have been a little more painful...much more pressure than my top teeth but i can handle it...not too horrible....brackets havent really irritated my lips but i didnt use wax one bit! i find its better if i dont so that way the inside of my mouth gets used to it as soon as possible...
the only thing thats bothering me right now is that on the day i got my lowers braced a darn bracket popped off! its still attached to the wire and lig and cant really even tell its not attached BUt it is definately not bonded on my tooth...I can move it along the wire....I called my ortho office the next morning and the receptionist said as long as its not bothersome that it can wait to be fixed until my next appointment which is in 4 weeks!! I dont want to wait that long! i know its not going to make a major impact on my treatment but i was to see progress like my uppers have seen! dont want to waste a month....so thinking of calling again cuz i am paying them money you know!!!! we'll c what happens...till then here's some pics!!!!

jackjack

#19 Post by jackjack »

oh my gosh i can't believe i haven't posted on here in sooo long...kinda bummed because i really wanted to keep track but oh well life gets busy! so december 22nd is going to be my 4th adjustment already!! time has definately gone by fast and so glad it is. So much has gone on with my teeth...I wish i had pictures to post but my bf has my camera! hope he doesn't look at all my teeth pictures lol.

So my 1st adjustment (my teeth felt loose at this time) which was a month after getting lowers braced I believe i got a new wire on the top and bottom and i got powerchains to start closing my 4 gaps.

2nd adjustment I got another new wire on the top and got my powerchains off, oh and i started to get a gap btwn my incisors on the bottom, my teeth feel very strong, bite is okay, can eat normal about week after adjustment.

3rd adjustment got my powerchains back, closed bottom incisor gap like in 5 minutes after adjustment, gaps have significantly gotten smaller, but other little gaps are forming (two front teeth), teeth are slightly sensitive to cold drinks and hurt randomly, mouth is easier to close and my mouth has gone down a little bit (think i look prettier), feel like I have more of an overbite, teeth looking pretty straight! but molars are lagging but i assume those take longer. But so far so good!! trying to stay positive and go with the flow, not being paranoid about every little detail! Want a waterpik for xmas...think ill get that for myself lol...will update after 4th adjustment and post pics when i get my camera back!

grneydfairy

#20 Post by grneydfairy »

I bought myself a waterpik for an "early xmas present" haha I love using waterpicks all the time but it really comes in handy when your teeth hurt too much to floss.

Happy holidays and good luck with your 4th adjustment!

jackjack

#21 Post by jackjack »

Soo I haven't posted since a year and a half ago lol. Lost track and learned to live in harmony with my braces :D My debracing date is July 14! 2 years of treatment and gaps are closed, elastics are in the past, and just waiting for one baby gap to close. Wish I had pics but I don't. Sorry. Will be sure to post some when I'm done though:) Peace

missann

#22 Post by missann »

congrats for your debracing!
please post pics!! and some pics of your profile before and after!! I am in the same situation as you are.

jackjack

#23 Post by jackjack »

thanks guys for your support. so i went in to get a pc on my uppers to work on that gap and it has closed. Doc said the retainer will hold gaps as long as i wear them. the 14th is when i get molar bands off and molds for retainers. THEN 2 weeks later everything else is off! now that means i have to wait 6 weeks. plus now that i have a date my braces are starting to get on my nerves lol.

jackjack

#24 Post by jackjack »

Okay so now I have to wait 5 weeks!

Yesterday I got my molar bands off and impressions taken but don't get my retainers and totally debanded until August 19. Right now I just have by brackets on with a lace tie, ligs, and wire over it.

When they took of the wire to take impressions I looked in the mirror and I could almost imagine what they are going to look like!

The countdown continues...

jackjack

#25 Post by jackjack »

LOL...so now the date is September 10th!! Turns out their office is closed for some reason on August 19th and that is the soonest! How much does that suck!.........................

jackjack

The never ending debrace date

#26 Post by jackjack »

:x

jackjack

#27 Post by jackjack »

Braces off tomorrow at 9 am!! So excited/nervous :) These two years have gone by so fast and can't believe the day is here!!!

Margie

#28 Post by Margie »

Good luck today! I can't wait to see your after pictures!

jackjack

#29 Post by jackjack »

Yay just got back from getting my braces off and cleaning at the dentist!! My teeth feel and look awesome! It did not hurt one bit :) I have hawley retainers and those will take time to get used to but for now they feel pretty good, theyre not a big deal to me. So wish I could post a pic because I hate when people say they got debraced and have not pic. Oh well guess I'll be one of those people for now lol. Thank you to all the peeps on this site!

jackjack

#30 Post by jackjack »

By the way, I might need one wisdom tooth pulled :/