lower teeth and upper teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

1fifthmiles

lower teeth and upper teeth

#1 Post by 1fifthmiles »

i dont know whats the subject for this.
anyway, does anyone of you have this problem whereby your lower set of teeth is slightly more to the left or your upper set of teeth is slightly more to the right? should i be asking my ortho about this?

cos the other time she gave me a overbite elasticson one side of my teeth to straighten up the midline. but now my lower teeth has gone to the left!

1fifthmiles

#2 Post by 1fifthmiles »

here's a picture of my teeth, took it from a worm's eye view. as you can see its more to the left. btw, the picture is laterally inverted. and this is how i bite normally. see that midline? yeah..

anyone can help me please. is this one of the problems you all have?

haywire

#3 Post by haywire »

the problem is gonna be fixed with elastics later in the treatment
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

catgyrl

#4 Post by catgyrl »

How'd you get a pic of my teeth?!

LOL! Just kidding, but that's exactly what my teeth look like now. And yes, the midline shift will be corrected later with elastics. Funny how we don't notice midlines until an orthodontist points it out to us, huh?

-Cathy

1fifthmiles

#5 Post by 1fifthmiles »

oh cool! but the other time, my dentist put on 1 elastics to cure my midline. now its okay already, just that my teeth is not in the middle. but the midline is there... which means my dentist is gonna put another elastics? hahah cool i like elastics cos of the different combination and difference sizes you get. so far i've gotten 2 elastics configuration.

mexicanlatino19

#6 Post by mexicanlatino19 »

how sure will it fix it? i had braces years ago and now the jaw line is not centered.

Theresa48

#7 Post by Theresa48 »

Yes, I have this too....they are just moving stuff around, it'll be all good later...

I know the feeling, I was like, hay, wait, this doesn't look right...then they told me the whole plan, it made sense, but HELLO, a little info in the first place would be helpful, don't you think?

I think most orthos are used to kids who could care less...

1fifthmiles

#8 Post by 1fifthmiles »

hey, but i care alot! :( just that im soft-spoken. so i dont really speak to my dentist if i have any concerns xD

1fifthmiles

#9 Post by 1fifthmiles »

what elastic configuration would my dentist give me?

jxds

#10 Post by jxds »

I had elastics for midline for 6 months. The config was one class II on one side (from upper front to lower back) and one class III on the other side (front lowers to back upper arch). My ortho called them "parallel elastics".

The bad news is that they only corrected 50% of my midline, the rest is a skeletal problem, according to my ortho. It's not that I do care a lot about the midline, but it kind of bothers me after 2 years to not have achieved a perfect outcome...
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298

1fifthmiles

#11 Post by 1fifthmiles »

what do you mean by correcting 50% of your midline? so you mean your jaws are in the middle with each other. but your teeth isnt?

at first, my midline wasnt there, my dentist gave me a one class II on one side (from upper front to lower back). then after that, my teeth is in this state now. so if my dentist would to give me a parallel elastics, wouldnt that defet the purpose of giving a class II on one side (from upper front to lower back)?

jxds

#12 Post by jxds »

I mean that at the beginning of the treatment my midline was off by one tooth and now it is "only" off by half a tooth...not sure if you'll get the parallel elastics, I did and it kind of worked.
braced 07/02/08, braces off january 2010
sentence: 18 months, upper and lower damons + elastics
Bonded+essix retainers
My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=28298

1fifthmiles

#13 Post by 1fifthmiles »

hey, well went for my ortho appt.

mentioned it to my ortho, and then she gave me a overbite elastic for both sides.. then she told me that my midline is a little off, and she's trying to move my teeth to the front. but my teeth are at the centre! just not the bite! i dont get what she mean...

furthermore, she changed my top rectangle wire to rounded wire and took off my powerchain and changed it to the normal ones.

anyone understand the rational behind this?

1fifthmiles

#14 Post by 1fifthmiles »

need help! someone.

1fifthmiles

#15 Post by 1fifthmiles »

it would help if somebody can tell me whats happening!!