The End is Here!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TumbleDryLow

The End is Here!

#1 Post by TumbleDryLow »

After 33 months.......I'm done!! Are they "perfect"? Nope. I didn't do SARPE so I will forever have a small upper arch and smile, but honestly that really doesn't bother me and I couldn't be happier. Here are some photos. To my surprise, my ortho gave me the original molds of my teeth, so I've included some photos of those. Yikes! I had some crazy screwed up teeth, huh?

Image Image

Image Image

fluffybottom

#2 Post by fluffybottom »

Your smile looks so great and looking at the molds .. wow, you came a long way! You must be way super pleased!

CONGRATULATIONS!
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

opera^gal

#3 Post by opera^gal »

Congrats! What a terrific outcome!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

Sandpiper

#4 Post by Sandpiper »

Friday 13th definitely hasn't been unlucky for you....wow, what a great result!! You must be chuffed - many congratulations!
471 days in braces

[/url]

Vulcan

#5 Post by Vulcan »

Great teeth! I hope I get my molds too haha.

ashesgap

#6 Post by ashesgap »

My six year old just looked over at your pics and said "Those teeth are all beautiful." then looked and my teeth and said "Yeah, you're teeth are not ready yet."
I agree, your teeth look great.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Flaka

#7 Post by Flaka »

Congrats TumbleDryLow. Your smile is beautiful, the change is amazing. I am sure you are very happy with the results. :D

macgirl4ever

#8 Post by macgirl4ever »

Yea! Congratulations! Your teeth now vs your molds then are amazing! I can't imagine how chewing was very comfortable pre-braces. Even without the surgery, I think your teeth look great!
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

tacoma braced

#9 Post by tacoma braced »

Wow- congratulations on such great looking teeth. Let's us know if you ever stop smiling now.

wearetheborg

#10 Post by wearetheborg »

macgirl4ever wrote: I can't imagine how chewing was very comfortable pre-braces. Even without the surgery, I think your teeth look great!
+1 Did you have trouble chewing before braces? It looks painful with the wonky teeth!

TumbleDryLow

#11 Post by TumbleDryLow »

wearetheborg wrote:
macgirl4ever wrote: I can't imagine how chewing was very comfortable pre-braces. Even without the surgery, I think your teeth look great!
+1 Did you have trouble chewing before braces? It looks painful with the wonky teeth!
Actually, no. It's amazing what you get used to. Those were the teeth I had to work with, so I made it work. I looked into orthodontics and got braces not because I was having trouble eating, but for the obvious cosmetic reasons. It was only after going to orthodontic consultations that I found out how many issues I really had.

Thanks for the great comments. Having this board for inspiration and support over the last three years has been a god-send.

wearetheborg

Re: The End is Here!

#12 Post by wearetheborg »

TumbleDryLow wrote:Are they "perfect"? Nope.
So, why arent they perfect? They look perfect to me!!

38Illinois

#13 Post by 38Illinois »

TumbleDry -

Congrats on being debraced and obtaining such a nice smile. Also thanks for all the postings you have done on this message board.
Braces on July 31, 2010
Braces off November 1, 2011

TumbleDryLow

Re: The End is Here!

#14 Post by TumbleDryLow »

wearetheborg wrote:
TumbleDryLow wrote:Are they "perfect"? Nope.
So, why arent they perfect? They look perfect to me!!
Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. I think my teeth turned out wonderfully hence me putting the word perfect in quotation marks. (Yes my orthodontist performed miracles. She got a glowing thank you letter and an offer to be a glowing reference anytime she needed one.) What I mean by perfect is that my upper arch is still only 28 mm while the average is about 38 mm. Achieving perfection would have meant been doing SARPE to widen my upper arch. Since I opted not to do that, I don't have as full or wide of a smile as I could have...but as I said earlier, that really doesn't bother me. I'm just thankful for straight teeth!

wearetheborg

#15 Post by wearetheborg »

A wider smile isnt necessarily better IMHO
You made the correct choice, and your teeth/smile ARE perfect. A wider smile would be different, I would call it better.

Did you have whitening done at any point during your life?