Ken's FINAL DAYS!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mikesmile

#31 Post by mikesmile »

CONGRATULATIONS KEN!!! WAY TO GO :-)o ...a moment worth waiting (in your case) a long time for. Enjoy those slick new choppers! :D You've earned it. :-88

Mike

fluffybottom

#32 Post by fluffybottom »

Congratulations to you! Congratulations to me! CONGRATULATIONS TO US!

YAY!

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great day. Doesn't it feel weird to have them off? SO SLIMY. And I don't know about you, but my teeth feel so huge.
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

cosmo

#33 Post by cosmo »

Congrats you guys!! :D

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

Jen8626

#34 Post by Jen8626 »

Congratulations!!! Let see some photos :)

karencoutts

Congratulations

#35 Post by karencoutts »

You must be so happy. Congratulations! My ortho is too cheap to give me both Essex and Hawleys for my $6700.

Eat lots of forbidden food!

cmone

#36 Post by cmone »

Congratulations Ken!
Live free or die

alimommy1

#37 Post by alimommy1 »

Congrats Ken! I can't say the tongue rake sounds like fun but other than that, I think hawleys are a breeze :D

Are you enjoying your jewelry-free teeth? I see you do some racing... drag, derby, what sort? I did see the photos, I just never asked properly.

I'll be awaiting any photos if you choose to post some :D and seriously, because this is a metal mouth message board, we need a smilie with a metal mouth....

coralina

#38 Post by coralina »

I'm dying to see those pearly whites Ken!!! you must be so happy! Post some pictures to inspire the rest of us. I there must be atleast one picture of you by now, I bet you can't stop smiling!

SDFD TSchott

#39 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Congrats on joining the de-brace club Ken. Must be nice with them off after having what seemed a life sentence.

Drag racing I forgot you do that for fun :) must be an exciting thrill of a rush to do something like that. I know for a few years off and on I did some actual motorcycle racing down at the tracks which was fun but I really haven't done much of that lately. I Should get back into it.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

fluffybottom

#40 Post by fluffybottom »

So, is it just me or .. do you feel a little bit of a let down now that they are off?

Don't get me wrong! I love that they are off, I love the way they feel, I love that I can eat normally, I love brushing and flossing without braces and I love the way my smile looks. But it's been years of obsessing over my teeth, looking ahead to the next appointment, being excited to see changes, anticipating the deband and then .. it's like 'what do I look forward to now?' Orthodontics has been such a huge part of my life for the past few years that it seems really weird that it is going to phase out now.

Maybe 'let down' is the wrong phrase. It's kind of like the day after Christmas and even though it rocked and you had a great time, part of you is sad that the holiday season is over.

Haha, I'm weird.
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

onefastchick

#41 Post by onefastchick »

againbrace wrote:Hi onefastchick,

LOL! Good nickname. Never been on a sportbike but have a few friends that do. One has a Hayabusa, and OMG!, it's quick!! He got busted by the State Patrol at 180+ and the judge was about ready to lock him up for a while, but got a heavy fine and a 2 yr. probation. I was a Harley rider near all my life until I got into Street rods and Drag racing, again. My Dad always had Harleys, so I naturally followed suit. But was always a "car nut".

Thanks for the Congrats! It is sooo nice to be de-braced!
Haha, sounds like something that happened with my husband on his 'Busa but we had a good lawyer and he didnt get probation, just hefty fines! I tend to keep my bike under 100. I ride a Triumph Daytona 675 its Triumph's sportbike, I really love it! :)
[/url]

Click on the WWW for my story!

Spacers 6/7/10
Top brackets 6/15/10
Bottom brackets ?

shinyRiver

#42 Post by shinyRiver »

As if I'll ever have enough emoticons to congratulate you properly- here's a start:

:jump: :-88 :-* :BigTeethGrin: :dance: :banana: :-)o :-V :D

browneyedgrl

#43 Post by browneyedgrl »

Congrats Ken!!!

Got to see pics!!!

b
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

catfish

#44 Post by catfish »

Hey Ken, I'm just catching up and realizing you're brace-free now. Awesome! I'm really happy for you.

When is your next visit with your perio? I'll be curious to see if your braces removal has any impact on your periodontal situation.

Retainers take a little getting used to, don't they? It wasn't the rush to freedom I was expecting. It took a few days to learn to talk, especially the S's. :)
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

msbee

#45 Post by msbee »

Congrats Ken! No more floss threaders, wax and waterpiks for you!!
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!