Fluffy's Story: IPR BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! (Pix pg8)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jen8626

#166 Post by Jen8626 »

Congratulations :) Your smile is beautiful :)

iBorg

#167 Post by iBorg »

Yee gad girl, you don't look like a Fluffster anymore!

Ninae your teeth (and you) look fantastic!

Congrats!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

fluffybottom

#168 Post by fluffybottom »

Haha, thanks! I'm so happy that I am going to buy myself a vuvuzela and walk around town blowing on it!

I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

fluffybottom

#169 Post by fluffybottom »

I have to say: I am soooooo in love with brushing and flossing my brace-less teeth. It feels awesome.

Today was the first day my mouth felt healed enough to try on the Essix retainer on my top arch. Even though I have been wearing my Hawley pretty much 24/7, it was tight getting the Essix on! Yikes!

iBorg

#170 Post by iBorg »

Fluffster or whatever I should call you:

I've been wearing an Essix since I became brace free. Every night when I put it in, it feels like my teeth have moved so much its a struggle to do.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#171 Post by fluffybottom »

I just want to say: I am chewing gum right now.

AND IT IS FABULOUS!

Under Construction

#172 Post by Under Construction »

YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time! Can't WAIT to post my after pics. Congratulations!

fluffybottom

#173 Post by fluffybottom »

Thanks! I FEEL great! I'm always a little amazed when I look back at the pictures of my teeth prior to braces. I always told myself that the first thing I would do if I won the lottery would be to fix my teeth. Now that I have fixed them, just having straight teeth feels like winning the lottery!

I hope you are as happy with your results as I am with mine. How much longer do you have to go?

jensceana73

#174 Post by jensceana73 »

I've been reading your story for a while and have been meaning to say a big CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!! :jump: Your teeth look great, and you...look......very happy!!! Enjoy. It's amazing to me how getting our teeth fixed can help to make us feel so much better about ourselves. Your results really do look wonderful!!
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

fluffybottom

#175 Post by fluffybottom »

Thanks! I really am thrilled with the results and look forward to getting my permanent bridge to complete my journey.

So, today is the one week anniversary of getting my braces off and I celebrated with ... an emergency dentist appointment.

When I got my braces off, I had my upper left lateral incisor extracted. Over this past week, I've noticed what felt like a blister on the inside of my mouth in the area where the extracted tooth's root used to be. I asked my dentist about it and he said as long as it wasn't painful, then it wasn't anything to worry about. It was a little tender but wasn't painful so I didn't think much of it.

The problem is that despite me being a big chicken about things I imagine will be painful, my pain threshold is actually pretty high. So maybe my tender is other folks painful? I don't know.

I woke up this morning, took off my retainer and kind of poked at the 'blister' with my tongue. A bunch of watery, yellowish, slightly bloody discharge came out. I thought to myself 'Well, that's probably not good.'

And then I started to feel a bit queasy.

And then I started to feel hot and sweaty.

And then the corners of my vision started to white out.

I leaned against the door frame of my bathroom and the next thing I knew, I was in a crumpled heap on the floor. At first, I was really confused. I didn't remember laying down and I was thinking that it was really odd that I chose to lay down on the bathroom floor, especially in such an awkward position. Then I realized that I had passed out. I straightened myself out and laid there on the cool tile for a while. Once I felt okay, I got up, laid down in bed, woke up my boyfriend and informed him that I needed him to drive me to the dentist.

The extraction site had gotten infected. My dentist gave me a few shots of Novacaine and then cleaned it all out. He gave me medicated mouth wash to use twice a day and a prescription to antibiotics to take for a week.

CARNIVAL OF FUN!

I do feel much better now. My mouth is a bit sore but in a good way -- the blister is gone and my retainer fits much more comfortably. I twisted my ankle and knee when I fainted so my right side is pretty banged up.

HAPPY ONE WEEK DE-BRACE ANNIVERSARY! Hahaha..

iBorg

#176 Post by iBorg »

Fluffster:
You are a carnival of fun!
That sounds absolutely horrible. I hope you're able to make a speedy recovery.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

Margie

#177 Post by Margie »

Sorry to hear about that! I have a history of fainting so I know what that feels like. I am happy to hear you are feeling better!

fluffybottom

#178 Post by fluffybottom »

Mike:
These are the sort of things I have to do to get attention from my parents now that my brother and his wife have given them a grandchild. ;)

Margie:
Is fainting always such a confusing experience? I have only fainted one time prior to this and it was really confusing then as well. It's like 'How did I end up on the floor wut?' I still don't know why I fainted. I'm not particularly squeamish about blood; I wonder if taking off my retainer (the clear kind which was really tight on the growing blister of pus and doom) had something to do with it? Weeeeeeird..

Bekah

#179 Post by Bekah »

Wow! That is exactly how I felt when I had a seizure. It sucks to wake up all confused an not knowing how you got on the floor! (Or in my case in an ambulance)

I am glad you got it all straightened out and you feel better!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Margie

#180 Post by Margie »

The first couple of times I fainted it was always confusing coming too, I was always thinking "how did I end up here?", or wondering why everyone was staring at me, or holding me, not a pleasant experience! The last couple of times I had been able to feel it coming so I could prepare and lay down somewhere before it happens and then it isn't confusing. Thankfully it hasn't happened for a couple of years!