Fluffy's Story: IPR BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! (Pix pg8)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fluffybottom

#136 Post by fluffybottom »

One week until I go in to get impressions done for my retainer and a week (and a day) after that, braces off! Upper left lateral incisor extracted! Temporary bridge fitted!

I CANNOT WAIT!!

One thing I will miss though (and this sounds kind of weird): elastics. I really love wearing them. See, my jaw is kind of messed up:

The ball part of my jaw that fits into the socket is worn down on one side (right in this picture but it's actually the left side of my jaw). It doesn't hurt and doesn't really mess up my bite but that side kind of hangs more, if that makes sense. With the elastics in, everything is much more stable and I don't have to actually find my bite. I have box elastics on the sides so they are not intrusive.

*sigh* Oh, elastics. How I will miss you..
I had my braces on for 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 days.

iBorg

#137 Post by iBorg »

Fluffster:
I'll admit it took me a couple of weeks after being brace free to not try to find hooks to place my elastics on.

I did finally get over it. Now I need to get used to only wearing my retainers at night. Never having a good bite before it is a bit weird to actually have one.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

fluffybottom

#138 Post by fluffybottom »

Mike
I think my orthodontist is highly amused by me. Not only did I ask to continue with my elastics , I also asked her if I could have Hawley retainers instead of Essix. When she asked me why, I told her that I always wanted braces and retainers when I was younger and that I would be fulfilling a childhood dream (I have additional reasons why I want them -- easier to clean, ability to tweak if need). She just laughed and said okay. Hehe!

Ken
I saw that last night! I was going to reply with a YAY FOR US but I was on my iPhone so I waited until this morning. That's so neat that not only do we have the same deband date, we both need to get a bridge! ONLY ONE WEEK AND THREE DAYS TO GO! 10 MORE DAYS! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

iBorg

#139 Post by iBorg »

That means you're four hours ahead of the ortho saying, "We need t postpone this a few months to make a bit of an adjustment."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mike :)
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#140 Post by fluffybottom »

I had the impression for my upper Hawley retainer done today. A WEEK FROM TOMORROW, THE BRACES COME OFF!! I picked hot pink with glitter for my retainer. Hehe.

iBorg

#141 Post by iBorg »

I'm jealous. I didn't get the choice between Essix and Hawley retainers. I would have went with the Hamleys to had some fun with them. I was going for a rainbow with a flying pig (see http://www.greatdreams.com/war/space/flying-pig.gif ) laminated into the top retainer.

Oh well.......

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#142 Post by fluffybottom »

Oh man, that would have been AWESOME.

Essix retainers is what my ortho typically does. But I asked her if I could have Hawleys as well. Then when this extraction/temp bridge thing all went down, it turned out that I needed to have a Hawley on the top to better accommodate the temp bridge I am getting.

I think she's still planning on giving me Essix on the bottom though. Unless she can talk me into a bonded retainer. Which I don't really want (I have some gum issues and I'm just wary of putting myself into a situation where it is a hassle to floss).

iBorg

#143 Post by iBorg »

Due to the flossing hassles, the only time my ortho uses a bonded retainer is if the teeth move so much when you're only wearing the retainer when you sleep that the retainer is difficult or painful to use. I would have REFUSED a bondage retainer.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#144 Post by fluffybottom »

Yeah, I asked her if I went with a regular retainer and we saw things were moving, could I switch to a bonded retainer and she was okay with that.

And, speaking of flying pigs, I drew one for a story I was working on:

opera^gal

#145 Post by opera^gal »

Cutest drawing EVER!!!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

iBorg

#146 Post by iBorg »

Me jink you.....?

I'm cruel but not that cruel.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#147 Post by fluffybottom »

Oh no oh no!

Three days to go and a small gap as opened up between my front two teeth in my lower arch (which is really weird because I haven't had a gap there ever). I called my orthodontist and I am going in today; I hope we can pull this gap closed in time for Thursday.

*fingers crossed*

fluffybottom

#148 Post by fluffybottom »

Okay, still on for Thursday!

I went into the ortho office today and they wire-tied my two front teeth on my lower arch and gave me a new chain. The wire-tying has already closed the gap. I've decided to get a bonded retainer on my lower arch and my ortho was very happy I decided to go that way.

so anyway...

ONLY THREE MORE DAYS!

iBorg

#149 Post by iBorg »

Flufster:

Good news on the wire tie. It's amazing how much you'll find wrong or question as the hours count down. At my retainer check up there was a question about my space in my front teeth. Then my ortho recalled that restoration is likely in my future and she decided to leave that so there would be no need to remove any tooth material.

Mike
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

fluffybottom

#150 Post by fluffybottom »

I can't believe we only have two days to go! It hardly seems real. I don't even remember what it felt like to NOT have braces. I try to imagine it and I can't.

SO EXCITED!!