Kayleigh starting braces experience

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Annie Lou

#31 Post by Annie Lou »

I was wax addict for first couple days, now I don't use it at all :)

Glad to read your doing better :jump:
Good luck with your braces!!!

kayleighkelley

#32 Post by kayleighkelley »

Well today makes 32 days in braces. I'm so happy that I finally got them!!! At first I was really regreting it and felt embarresed about them. That has all changed in the last month, I'm smiling more than I used too and now I have braces on my teeth!! Thank you so much to all of you for posting on my page and for all the encouragement :)

First day Image
1 Month Image

Before
1 Month

Before
1 Month

I think I've noticed changes, let me know what you think!!!

One thing that I definatly noticed is that the ligs on my brackets have yellowed A LOT and it makes my teeth look yellow. I have my first adjustment tomorrow so I'm debating getting colored instead of clear this time. If anyone has gotten colors let me know good choices :)

Blake24

#33 Post by Blake24 »

Hey Kayleigh,

The teeth are looking great! I can definitely see the changes on your two upper central incisors. And I know what you mean about the staining. I feel like even though I brush a million times a day I can't prevent the staining.

Congrats on having braces for over a month!

Blake

Maria83

#34 Post by Maria83 »

They do appear to have made a lot of progress indeed :D I keep checking my teeth to see a difference but then again it's not even a week since I had them 8) It's great that you feel so comfortable in them, good for you!

Megan11

#35 Post by Megan11 »

I am so jealous of your brackets! They look so good, man if only I could go back in time! :D

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

brika

#36 Post by brika »

I can definitely see the changes! And as that arch widens out it's gonna keep looking better and better! :) Congrats on your progress!

kayleighkelley

#37 Post by kayleighkelley »

Thanks Blake, Maria, Megan, and Brika....it really helps to hear other people say they notice movement, it lets me know it's not all in my head :)

My first adjustment went good. I got a new wire, and powerchain to start closing my gap, I'm also trying a different clear lig this time to see if it stains less....it's four days in and I'm pretty sure it's gonna do the same thing. My teeth hurt pretty bad after my adjustment and are still sore, hopefully it goes away soon.

kayleighkelley

#38 Post by kayleighkelley »

Well everything is going pretty good so far. I feel like my movement is kind of slow...but at least there's movement. The powerchain is starting to close the extraction gap which makes me super excited!!!! The dentist said on my next adjustment (July 6th) he should be able to connect the tooth next to the upper front to the wire. I'm so ready to have that darn tooth get in line!!! At my 2nd adjustment on June 2nd he kept the old wire b/c he said it still had work to do so I didn't have any pain, just a bit of soreness from the new powerchain. We are once again trying a different brand of clear ligs....a little over a week and not looking hopeful. I think I'm going to try colored ones next time :)

The biggest thing I hate about braces.....Food gets caught EVERYWHERE!!!

Image Image Image
First day / Month 1 / Month 2

Image Image Image
Before / Month 1 / Month 2

Image Image Image
Before / Month 1 / Month 2

I do notice movement on top but don't really notice any on the bottom. One thing I notice on top is I have a fake cap on one of my front teeth and now that my teeth are moving into place the one with the fake bottom looks longer than the other front tooth, but the dentist said he can file it down as my teeth move into place :)

kayleighkelley

#39 Post by kayleighkelley »

Image Image Image Image
First Day/Month 1/Month 2/Month3

Image Image Image Image
First Day/Month 1/Month 2/Month3

Ok so it's been 3 months now! Things are going good so far :) When I went to the dentist for my last adjudustment (July 6th) I got pink ligs, I love them! He gave me a stronger bottom wire and some kind of little square things on the bottom to make my teeth that turn out go straight. I also got engaged on July 3rd!!!! So now I gotta try to talk my dentist into taking them off in May (long shot but I'm gonna try!)

PrincessPeach

#40 Post by PrincessPeach »

you definatly have some major movement, especially on the top! Your teeth will be so lovely when they're done!
Lower Braces = 22nd June 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (14 months, 1 week & 4 days)
Upper braces = 10th August 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (12 months, 3 weeks & 2 days)

Blake24

#41 Post by Blake24 »

Hey Kayleigh,

How are things going with your braces? You and I got them on around the same time so you must be showing some great progress! Did the ortho ever tell you that he could have them off in May?

Blake

iBorg

#42 Post by iBorg »

Kayleigh:
I spent a bit of time today trying to catch up on stories from others. I remember the excitement of the first six months. Seeing that movement is exciting.

I also became somewhat a Chesire Cat, having been ashamed of my smile and finally taking the plunge.

I wish you well on this journey. It is worth it!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.