piscean's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tommm

#31 Post by Tommm »

Congrats on your second appointment. Glad to see you back on the board Piscean :)

pisceangirl

update

#32 Post by pisceangirl »

It's been ages since I gave an update - time really has flown!

My most recent adjustment was Friday 7th August and both uppers and lower wires were changed for yet another thicker one. The wires definitely look more conspicuous than the early ones - kind of darker - and definitely more rectangular each time.

The good news is my teeth are starting to look really good and I find myself imagining how they will look when brace-free!

The ortho said that at my next appointment at the end of Sept I will be on my final wires - woohoo! (although I'm anticipating being in final wires for a long time, I feel like this is a bit of a milestone!)

I had developed a gap between my top two front teeth since they un-overlapped, so he had to use some weird sandpaper and then a wizzy instrument to carefully file between the teeth to create a gap all the way down. This gave me a Madonna-esque gap for all of 24 hours, which the new wire plus new powerchain closed up by the next morning! Now for the first time those two teeth are side by side and almost flush which is pretty exciting. The other good thing is that the brown stain I had (which had been hidden for many years under the overlap) has now been filed away!

And finally, I got my first pack of elastics! I only have to wear one on the left side only (lets hope it stays that way). The top teeth may now be pretty straight - but the midline is way off and the teeth need to be pulled round to the left (to the right in photos). How this is gonna happen I have no idea! He told me to wear the elastic as much as I can, even if it is only in the evenings and all night. I am so desperate to achive results quickly that I've been wearing the elastic all of the time apart from mealtimes. I was absolutely dreading the elastics but have found it to be fine. I barely notice it which has been a relief.

I will attempt to get my pics online now!

Keep smiling everyone x

pisceangirl

#33 Post by pisceangirl »

end feb

mid april

begin may

end may

mid june

early august

I also have pics of the lowers which I'll add soon!

Bridget85

#34 Post by Bridget85 »

WOW!!!! your smile looks great! What type of braces do you have? Are they clarity SL?

Margie

#35 Post by Margie »

Wow! Your teeth look great so far! You must be impressed with the progress!

Tommm

#36 Post by Tommm »

Wow! Your teeth look perfect right now Piscean! It's funny how we notice our own midlines a lot but I think it's really unnoticeable when looking at another person's. I'm so happy for your progress. Maybe we'll be getting our braces off around the same time!! (fingers crossed :)) Looking forward to your next update.

pisceangirl

#37 Post by pisceangirl »

Thanks everyone!

I have the Inspire Ice braces. So far I've been v pleased with them.

So far, the worst part of braces for me was when the lowers went on and I had molar buildups (blue cement) put on my back teeth - it was so built up I couldn't bite together and for about two weeks I agonised over whether to have the lower brace removed. I'm so glad I stuck with it (thanks to the support of people on this board) because I've seen so much progress in the last few months.

here's the lowers:

pre-braces:

may:

june:

august:

Most of the improvement here happened a while ago. I do have a pre-molar on my left (pics right) that is higher than the others although this can't really be seen.....I don't know if this will be able to come down or not?

pisceangirl

I'm back!

#38 Post by pisceangirl »

Yikes - it's an age since I posted here!

To all you newbies out there, time in braces really does fly!

No pics to post and no date for debanding - yet - but I'm now in the home straight! My next appointment is at the beginning of July and I will be fitted with my bottom permanent retainer wire (on the back of the bottom six teeth). By that time, my ortho said my extraction gap on the upper left should have completely closed and he will be able to take the mould of my top teeth for fitting of the top retainer at the following appointment.

I guess then they'll be able to take the braces off.

I must be one of the few people who actually loves wearing elastics (weird, I know). When I take them out my mouth feels kind of naked so god knows what I'll feel like when brace-free. Have been wearing elastics for 9 months (different configurations at diff stages). My extraction gap didn't seem to be budging, but in the last couple of months it has closed dramatically and should be closed completely within the next month.

I am desparate to get the braces off before 2nd Oct when I'm a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding - it would be v annoying to have the braces removed not long after. My ortho said there is a good chance, but he is always v non-committal!

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted!

xxx

Tommm

#39 Post by Tommm »

Woot! It sounds like you're going to be free pretty soon! I know how you feel about the comfort of having elastics to keep everything in place. However, it's nothing compared to the comfort of not getting crap stuck in your teeth after every meal :) Can't wait to see some pics Pisceangirl!

pisceangirl

#40 Post by pisceangirl »

Ha - too true! It will be so much more pleasant to eat things like salad when brace-free (-:

I will take some pics some point soon and keep you posted! v :)