The End is Near

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TumbleDryLow

The End is Near

#1 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I just needed to share my news. Just this morning I received a handout entitled "Patient Instructions for Brace Removal." After 2 years, there is light at the end of the tunnel. In about two more months, I'll be brace free!!

Apparently I'm an anomaly. My orthodontist spent a long time looking over my chart today. She then said that she wanted to "map my treatment". I looked at her quizzically and she said that there was no way she would have ever predicted my outcome. I didn't do the surgery to widen my jaw. Even with four teeth removed there shouldn't have been enough room to correct my crowding and my overbite and my crossbite--yet it's all fixed and she wants to know why. She says that patient compliance was probably a large part of it, but she still wants to examine exactly what she did.

So there you go. I'm living proof that sometimes a compromise treatment plan can actually turn into perfect results.

socksy

#2 Post by socksy »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be so happy.

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

loradora

#3 Post by loradora »

Great news - get out the caramels to celebrate :D

tdawg7669

#4 Post by tdawg7669 »

That is awesome. Congratulation. It is encouraging to hear as I am going in tomorrow to be braced.

You said you had perfect results. Did you notice an improvement in your profile/facial structure?

TumbleDryLow

#5 Post by TumbleDryLow »

tdawg7669 wrote:That is awesome. Congratulation. It is encouraging to hear as I am going in tomorrow to be braced.

You said you had perfect results. Did you notice an improvement in your profile/facial structure?
I have noticed a slight change in my profile/facial structure. It's not good. It's not bad. It's just......different.
I never got hung up on it. I took the change as an inevitable side effect of rearranging all my teeth. :D

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#6 Post by blindboarder2008 »

congratz!!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

yj207

#7 Post by yj207 »

congrats~ you should take some pics :P
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

bracedup

#8 Post by bracedup »

Congratulations :)