Invisalign in the UK / London?

Discussions about treatment with invisible braces that use clear aligners, such as Invisalign, OrthoClear, the Red White and Blue system, etc.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MonaMoore

Invisalign in the UK / London?

#1 Post by MonaMoore »

Hi, I am considering Invisalign, and went to one consultation so far, sounded good apart from the scary teeth extractions they said would be neccessary, so I want to get more opinions.

Can anyone recommend any Invisalign practises in London (Central/North)? I would prefer an Orthodontic clinic really as I have a rather complex issue I think!
thanks!

andrea26

#2 Post by andrea26 »

hi there,
I am with dental centre in Holborn. I also went to a few consultations before I decided which one to go with. This one seemed to have the best prices so I obviously went with them. I was really pleased that the whole process was very fast. /I mean getting the aligners, I think I only waited 2 weeks/
Good luck if you decide to go with them, you can easily google them.
started invisalign 23rd March 2009
finished invisalign 3 June 2010

MonaMoore

#3 Post by MonaMoore »

thanks, i will book a consultation there!
anyone any experience with the London Smile Studio in Swiss Cottage?

sazzledazzle

Invisalign in london

#4 Post by sazzledazzle »

Hi,

I considering starting invisalign in ldn in a few weeks with 17upper trays and 26lower. I was just wondering how much you guys were roughly paying as it seems there is no kinda cost structure, cuz they give u the cost b4 u even have the clincheck. just not sure how much i should b surfing around!

MonaMoore

#5 Post by MonaMoore »

I have been quoted £3000 - £4000 (had 3 consultations, and think my case is not the most straight forward one). But don't understand how can you still shop around if you already know how many trays you are getting, seems you have committed to one provider already then?

ItsyBitsy

Re: Invisalign in london

#6 Post by ItsyBitsy »

sazzledazzle wrote:Hi,

I considering starting invisalign in ldn in a few weeks with 17upper trays and 26lower. I was just wondering how much you guys were roughly paying as it seems there is no kinda cost structure, cuz they give u the cost b4 u even have the clincheck. just not sure how much i should b surfing around!
Hi,

Got my first set of aligners today!!!! It feels very uncomfortable :cry: I even feel sick.... but hopefully will get used to it. I've got 17U and 21L. All this will cost me £2500 . Oh and the attachments are horrlible - they're so visible and completely different colour from my own teeth... ( my teeth aren't very white, while the attachments are...)
But trying to stay positive and hope to get used to everything.... :D

sazzledazzle

#7 Post by sazzledazzle »

MonaMoore wrote:I have been quoted £3000 - £4000 (had 3 consultations, and think my case is not the most straight forward one). But don't understand how can you still shop around if you already know how many trays you are getting, seems you have committed to one provider already then?
no, i paid for the clin check which was £300 to find that out, but doesnt mean i have to accept and pay. i was quoted 3000 for the invisalign, 300 for the retainers and 300 for the clincheck. just seems expensive compared to everyone else when i dont think my case is too bad. i have severe crowding at the bottom but only one tooth slightly overlapping at the top.

i'm slowly going off the idea now though hearing how it can be less than easy to cope with! so confused!!!

sazzledazzle

Re: Invisalign in london

#8 Post by sazzledazzle »

ItsyBitsy wrote:
sazzledazzle wrote:Hi,

Hi,

Got my first set of aligners today!!!! It feels very uncomfortable :cry: I even feel sick.... but hopefully will get used to it. I've got 17U and 21L. All this will cost me £2500 . Oh and the attachments are horrlible - they're so visible and completely different colour from my own teeth... ( my teeth aren't very white, while the attachments are...)
But trying to stay positive and hope to get used to everything.... :D
How long is your treatment? 2500 seems really cheap! where are you getting it done? somewhere in london?! cant see why mine would be 1k more! how many attatchments have you got? i thought they were meant to be transparent so noone could see them? Good luck anyway, i'm sure things will improve!!! keep us updated!

ItsyBitsy

#9 Post by ItsyBitsy »

I had 3 or 4 consultations and i think i made an excelent choice, choosing my current ortho....( surgery in Dcklands, London)....She's brilliant and it looks that really knows what she's talking about..... Yes i thought it was rather cheap too :) £2500 and that's everything (from the very first appointment, including retainers).... They had a special promotion then...
I'm on my 5th day of aligner 1 out of 17U/ 21L - getting used to having them in my mouth, but still hate all the attachments - (got 9 of them :evil: ) 5L and 4U - very visible and very uncomfortable, when i take aligner out, they feel sharp and hurt my mouth around...But I'll get there....... :)

NatalieMT

#10 Post by NatalieMT »

I don't have any particular recommendations but just avoid The Brace practice in the Whitechapel area down Artillery passage like the plague. If you actually want your appointment honoured and would like your treatment completed don't go there! :shock:

melandy

#11 Post by melandy »

Hi, you will honestly get used to the attachments and they do get smoother as time goes by I still feel sick with each new alligner but I class that as a sign of my teeth getting use to moving and I have until this time next year so I wasnt expecting anything simple I have 7 attachments on the top and 6 on the bottom so not a straight forward case after 2 days the pain has usually subsided and getting the alligners in and out becomes alot easier - it will get easier and will definately be worth it in the end - stick with it :0)

myhollywoodsmile

#12 Post by myhollywoodsmile »

Itsybitsy I am surprised that your attachments are not the same colour as your teeth, I haven't seen that before. I wonder whether your orthodontist used something different to others?

I don't have a recommendation for a provider, other than to say if you can go with an orthodontist, not a dentist. They have a LOT more experience in tooth movement (often several extra years at UNI) and that is all they do all day.

I certainly wouldn't base it on price alone.

Also, ask how many cases they have completed and ask to see before and after pictures of cases like yours. Your new teeth are only as good as the person that straightens them for you...

MonaMoore

#13 Post by MonaMoore »

thanks for your replies.. my treatment is well underway already (original post was in December) went with an Ortho in the end, and so far, so good!

emma83

#14 Post by emma83 »

Hi, if anyone is still looking for somewhere in London I can recommend UltraSmile in Limehouse (E1). I just got my aligners 2 days ago and although they still feel a bit strange, it actually feels stranger when I take them out! Anyway UltraSmile are doing a promotion at the moment - 50% off - so I paid £1,625 for mine. My treatment is only 9 months for upper and lower so I don't know if longer treatments would cost more, but I've been really impressed with the surgery so far and they offer evening and Saturday appointments too so no having to phone sick at work all the time :lol:

ItsyBitsy

#15 Post by ItsyBitsy »

emma83 wrote:Hi, if anyone is still looking for somewhere in London I can recommend UltraSmile in Limehouse (E1). I just got my aligners 2 days ago and although they still feel a bit strange, it actually feels stranger when I take them out! Anyway UltraSmile are doing a promotion at the moment - 50% off - so I paid £1,625 for mine. My treatment is only 9 months for upper and lower so I don't know if longer treatments would cost more, but I've been really impressed with the surgery so far and they offer evening and Saturday appointments too so no having to phone sick at work all the time :lol:
Hi Emma83

I'm glad you had good experience in UltraSmile and wish you all the best with your treatment :wink: .I went there for consultation but didn't like it at all. The doctor seem to be all over the place, did not make me feel welcome at all, never looked in to my mouth, just told me to get an appointment, sign up for treatment and then take it from there...when suddenly in the middle of consultation he "had to go somewhere" and sent receptionist in to finish the consultation :shock: ....That made me furious :evil: and that pretty much made my mind up, even though he was one of the doctors in London with the most Invisalign experience....They also do this "middcourse correction" which i don't think is included in price, but "becomes" necesary in the course of the treatment....
Anyway, i had few more consultations and chosen the clinic not far from there (South Quay) which has a proper orthodontist, and i am very happy with my choice. I'm now on my 4th tray, and even though don't see anything in the mirror yet, definitely feel the difference in my mouth and have to say that everything is going much easier than i've expected...