Teeth Hurting

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jmmpangaea

Teeth Hurting

#1 Post by jmmpangaea »

Hi,
I was hoping someone can help me with this. 5 days ago I had both my upper and lower jaw moved forward along with a genioplasty. The numbness is going away slowly but surely which is great. The problem is I have throbbing pain in my top front teeth, and then that'll pass and I'll start having pain in my upper or lower molars, then back to the top front teeth etc...

Anyone else have throbbing teeth pain? All I've been able to find are people mentioning that their stitches hurt.

Thanks!
Jason

freakyteeth

#2 Post by freakyteeth »

I Was just going to post about this!!!!! I am 6 days away and have terrible achiness in the front teeth and evne inthe back molars. It is really sensitive. It hurts worse than anything else of which is mostly sore.]

I think maybe rearranging the bite and just banging around may be responsible!1
Braces 1986 & Sept 2007 (age 34)
severe class II impinging overbite
17 missing teeth (genetically)- AXIN 2 genetic mutation
Jan 2010 - genioplasty w/mandibular bone graft (from chin bone)
Jul 2010 - 4 mandibular implants. FAILED
Oct 2010 - re-placement of 3 implants, hardware removal
03/29/2011 - BSSO and 3 piece Lefort I
Sept 2012 - Upper jaw - 4 implants w/bone graft.
Jan 2016 - upper hardware removal, extensive upper bone graft

jmmpangaea

#3 Post by jmmpangaea »

Ya, I think it's the elastics pulling on my teeth along with some jaw pain from the surgery. I was getting paranoid that it was from not brushing my teeth while being banded shut.

Jason.

ORTHO12

#4 Post by ORTHO12 »

Ok...dnt be scared by what I am about to say..Im not...but 5 months post op my two front teeth still hurt and I have never been able to bite ANYTHING since my op :( I told the ortho and surgeon and they just....wrote it dwn...nothing new.

lfwood

#5 Post by lfwood »

I am not quite 3 weeks post op and since I have had to wear my bands all the time again my teeth are killing me. Wait til I have to go back to the ortho and get some teeth moving - that is going to be really painful.

Oh well, no pain no gain.

Braces 1st time 1986-1989
Braces 2nd time - January 2009
Lower Jaw Surgery (Advance)- January 14 2010

candycin

#6 Post by candycin »

i am 10 weeks post op and my teeth ache when i wear the bands ( had some relapse and have to wear then unless i am eating)

jmmpangaea

#7 Post by jmmpangaea »

Hi,

The pain I was asking about only lasted about 3-4 days. I asked my OS and he said it was the roots of the teeth healing after the trauma of having upper/lower advancement surgery.

Now my chin (from genio) just aches a bit.

Thanks for your replies.
J.