The Martin Boyce Story - NEW PICS - 7th ADJUSTMENT TODAY

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bekah

#346 Post by Bekah »

I am hoping to join you guys soon too!! I am super excited for you and anxiously await the pictures!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Lanna

#347 Post by Lanna »

Wow! Congratulations! It must be so exciting for you to finally be free :D
I was on the board at the same time you joined, but I hardly ever posted. Unfortunately, I'm still not finished with treatment, but it's great to hear of others in the same group getting debanded! Gives me some hope that it won't be too much longer!

*Hugs* and hope your debanding goes well!
Lana

Hunterlaar

#348 Post by Hunterlaar »

Nice one on getting debraced, i have nearly the same problem with my teeth and will be getting braces myself next month so hope mine goes as well as yours did. 8)

BracketRacket

#349 Post by BracketRacket »

Congrats and good luck!

Bekah

#350 Post by Bekah »

We are anxiously awaiting pictures!!! I am so happy for you! You helped me to make the decision to get my braces and I am so excited to see your transformation!!!

Yay! :-)o

martinboyce

#351 Post by martinboyce »

TODAYS THE DAY

its 9am and my braces are due off at 11:30, im anxious, nervous, excited

ive been in braces 22 months 1 week and yeah fed up to the back teeth of them, lol, yes yes i can still find the occasional joke lol.

well after the braces are off i shall write a quite saddening final and reflective piece about it all and post all the necessary photos.

Keep your fingers crossed for me people

Martz

xx

BracketRacket

#352 Post by BracketRacket »

\o/
Hehe...lots of luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Bekah

#353 Post by Bekah »

Yay!! Congratulations Martin!!!

martinboyce

#354 Post by martinboyce »

IM OFFICIALLY UNBRACED - YIPPEEE

Yesterday at 11:30 i set about getting my braces removed.

I will admit i was nervous, both of the removal procedure and also the results. I had butterflies in my tummy on the drive over. My girlfriend Helen accompanied me, for both moral support and to take some photos and videos throughout.

I sat in the waiting room patiently and was called in. I assumed the position in the chair and braced myself (sorry brace joke)

Howard started with the lower brace first, this was the metal brace. He used special pliers style tool for just popping the brackets off the teeth. As he did so he cut the wire off of it. It was literally 30 seconds before the entire bottom brace was off, little or no discomfort. Easy Peasy.

My girlfriend said, oh i was expecting a lot worse, to which Howard replied, we're not done yet.

Moving on he removed the ligs off the brackets like he has done 20 or so times before, freeing the wire off of my teeth, the once white wire was so battered from wear it had worn down to the metal underneath. Then he unwound the cris cross wires which had been in there for some time.

This left the cemeric brackets and tooth bands still on. First he set about removing the bands, these bands hugged the two rear upper molars and had acted as anchors for my arched wire. they were glue to the teeth. They were removed with basically a bit of pushing. Side by side pushed a little until they were loose and came off, i compared the sensation to having teeth pulled out, not painful just the sensation of having someone tug on a tooth.

After both the rings had been taken off it was time for the brackets. Cemeric brackets are notoriously hard to remove, being brittle and prone to shattering. Again another pliers type tool was used but the sensation was more like he was crunching them off, this noise and vibration obviously sounds massive inside your own head but not so much from the outside. Again is the same sound as a dentist removing a tooth. The crunching although an unpleasant noise and a ever so slight discomfort wasn’t painful.

Once the brackets had been beheaded, Howard got out his "Dremel" style tool and proceeded to grind the remains of the brackets / adhesive off the teeth. Now this was the worst part for me. The noise, vibrations and sensation on sensitive teeth made it quite unpleasant, the fact it sounds exactly like a dentist drill doesn’t help. This grinding and then polishing went on for about 20 minutes before all the teeth were clear. But again not painful.

With that all behind me, and thankfully so, Howard then started to apply my fixed retainer, a short piece of wire which follows the contours of the rear of my front upper 4. This was bonded into place similar to how the brace brackets once were.

After that, i had 2 lots of impressions made 2 upper and 2 lower, and for some reason, i quite like having them done. Its almost comforting and soothing.

Once done i was handed the Mirror so that I may see myself. Everyone in the room had already seen them, except for me. So i turned it over and WOW. I couldn’t believe it. My teeth looked so big, so clean and so very very straight. They actually looked fake, like one of these makeover shows where they get veneers. They looks that good.

As a little bonus they bought me a bottle of wine and a voucher for a course of teeth whitening, which was a cherry on the cake.

Well i couldn’t tell you how happy i was and how happy i still am. This will significantly affect my life in many ways, improve my confidence and allow me to smile with pride now and for the rest of my life.

The results are amazing and is a testament to the skill, hard work and high level of professionalism shown to me by the Manor Orthodontics team. Each and every member of staff deserves commendation for being so very friendly and lovely to me throughout my treatment and hugely hospitable with regards to my photos and videos i have kept throughout.

I would like to personally thank Howard (My orthodontist) Helen (Practice Manager) Dani (Receptionist) and the fantastic Nurses Estelle, Claire, Heidi and Ayesha.

I hope this will allow you to finish your project Helen (you can edit this bit out)

martinboyce

#355 Post by martinboyce »

im just uploading some photos now :)

will post some when they are complete :)

Bekah

#356 Post by Bekah »

LOL! I am so happy to hear that it was a good experience!! I have this fear that I will have little white spots on my teeth when they come off!!!

martinboyce

#357 Post by martinboyce »

ok here are some pics

Before any treatment

Initially Braced

Toward the end

Right before debonding

Being Debonded

Being grinded and polished

Getting my fixed retainer fitted

Getting my impressions done

Finished result

There are lots more photos from my brace story at this link. Feel free to have a look.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh17 ... e%20Story/

Thanks Guys for stopping by, as always

\o/ big hugs :)

Bekah

#358 Post by Bekah »

They look AWESOME!!! I am thrilled for you!

TumbleDryLow

#359 Post by TumbleDryLow »

Wow Martin! Stunning results. I'm really happy for you. It's been fun following your story. Now you have the rest of your life to enjoy your new smile!
(Nice photography, btw.)

Kharmynn

#360 Post by Kharmynn »

Your teeth look great!
Congratulations on finally getting there.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.