Anyone from Birmingham, UK?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jo3121

Anyone from Birmingham, UK?

#1 Post by jo3121 »

Hi, I'm trying to find a good orthodontist. I'm going to my second place next week for a consultation but I really want to get on with this and get my brace fitted - it seems to have been dragging on for ages.

Anyone have experience of orthodontists in the Birmingham area?

nessness

#2 Post by nessness »

No sorry I'm more further down :(

Have you tried looking up on practices near you? Or if there are dental hospitals also.
I found my dentist via the nhs, because every time i got recommendations it was a poor place.
Do some digging and I'm sure someone from Bir'ham will be able to help :)

Estelle

Birmingham ortho's

#3 Post by Estelle »

Hi
I know this message probably has got to you too late...
I am from Birmingham UK and nearly at the end of my treatment at Brackenwood Cosmetic Dentist in Birmingham city centre. Would def recommend if you still have not found one you like.

Voix

Re: Birmingham ortho's

#4 Post by Voix »

Estelle wrote:Hi
I know this message probably has got to you too late...
I am from Birmingham UK and nearly at the end of my treatment at Brackenwood Cosmetic Dentist in Birmingham city centre. Would def recommend if you still have not found one you like.
Hi Estelle,

I live near Birmingham. Could you tell me more about them?

Estelle

#5 Post by Estelle »

Hi Voix
Sorry, haven't been on for ages.

They are called Brackenwood in the city centre of Birmingham.
I initially went to the one my dentist recommended and had so many problems with them contantly rearranging my appointments and messing me around.

So I found Brackenwood on the net and had long conversation. Went off to my consultation and they spent along time with me discussing all the options etc. They were and have been friendly, professional and caring. I have had no problems whatsoever - and they havent rearranged any of my appointments. Also it is easy to get an emergency appointment if you need it.

I have gone for sapphire brace. It is like ceramic but stronger. I have white wires and the brackets are white also. It has gone smoothly and not as bad as i thought it would be. Once you get past the first few weeks you are ok!

They predicted approx 12 months but it has been 13 so far but hoping to be debraces towards the end of Feb! Can't wait.

You will find Brackenwood on google - they really are very good. Obviously expensive though. About £3000.