Midline Adjustments... treatment length??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miranbrady20

Midline Adjustments... treatment length??

#1 Post by Miranbrady20 »

My ortho advised me that he wasnt going to try and fix my midline because my one tooth central incisor is wider then the other and it will look off no matter what... I feel that I should at least try to get it done... He also told me that within the next few months I will be brace free... BUT if I ask to fix the midline how many month will that tack on to my treatment? What is your experiences with lenght of time with midline alignment? Also if you all could lend me some advise... Here is a pic of my current midline and I would like to have your opinions on if asking for alignment is just a silly request or if I should ask my ortho to adjust it for me?

Here it is:

I think it looks like its off to my right a little bit and I think that I should ask... what do you think? am I being too anal about?

drrick

#2 Post by drrick »

If one tooth is wider than its counterpart why not thin the larger one for more symmetry. I dont think that will get your midline 100% on.

Research sows the midline can be off 4mm before tha avg person finds it less attractive. Look at tom cruises midline. It is off more than that and people always say he has a great smile.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News