Katie's Ortho Adventure-almost 10 mos! new pics pg 8

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalmouthmommy

#166 Post by metalmouthmommy »

And they're OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :jump:

I am SOOOO happy! Today was *the* deband date and I still can't believe how terrific they look! I keep looking at myself in the mirror....wait, are those MY teeth???!!!! He was able to shape the chipped and worn down teeth and it makes SUCH a diff!

I have to get used to the Hawley's. The gag reflex is in overdrive right now! I was told today to call Monday and they will have an Essex for me to wear on the top too! A bonus! So hopefully that will be less gag-worthy for me?!

Also, I just went for a cleaning and talked to my dentist; I am going in to see him Monday too so he can "build up" my #10 tooth. Said I should get three years out of a bonding! Almost perfect yet!

Any how, without further ado............the new choppers (adios jabbertooth!)

browneyedgrl

#167 Post by browneyedgrl »

Katie,

Welcome to the club!!! Your teeth look great!!! Enjoy!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#168 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks B! :)

btfly

#169 Post by btfly »

metalmouthmommy,

Your pics have inspired me to get braces. My teeth are similar to your before pics and I think I'll call today to get things set up.

Thanks for posting your pics and congrats on your beautiful new smile.

metalmouthmommy

#170 Post by metalmouthmommy »

btfly-

Wow! Your post brought tears to my eyes!!!!

I am so happy that you decided to get braces (and that my story helped you along with your decision!)

I can't get over how much better I feel about myself since the braces have been taken off!

And, for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I feel like I have nothing to be ashamed of! I can talk, smile, laugh, and meet strangers without ever feeling "judged" by my teeth. It's an amazing feeling. And one that I had never realized affected me SO much on an everyday basis.

Do it for you! It's the best thing you will ever do for yourself :)
Congrats on a life changing step in a new direction!

petitcanard

#171 Post by petitcanard »

Wow, your teeth look fantastic!! A huge congrats on being "free"!!! :jump:

My story lives here

metalmouthmommy

#172 Post by metalmouthmommy »

thanks petit!

Today I went to the dentist to have my short tooth bonded.......boy what a difference such a little thing can make!!!

Here is the new smile :)

starzz

#173 Post by starzz »

Wow congrats, it DOES make such a difference!
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

metalmouthmommy

#174 Post by metalmouthmommy »

thanks Starzz!!!!~ :D

metalmouthmommy

#175 Post by metalmouthmommy »

just checking in to see how everyone's progress is coming along!

Life without braces hasn't been TOO much diff because I am wearing my retainers 24/7. Nicest part is that I can take them out for a few hours if need be (like parent teacher conferences the other evening, lol.)

I have this crazy phobia that I am going to wake up one morning and they are going to look like they used to! I am paranoid about them shifting; it's still hard to believe they are so perfect now--I can't imagine them being this way forever. Anyone else feel that way???? like it's too good to be true?

Bekah

#176 Post by Bekah »

Your teeth look absolutely FABULOUS!! I am so jealous that you can floss normally! I am not sure how much longer I have other than getting told "We are getting close" by the ortho. So I have hope.

Congratulation lady!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

cheyeaitsxchelsea

#177 Post by cheyeaitsxchelsea »

18 months? So worth it. Lovely smile!
Im almost starting my process, I have to get all the molds and xrays taken soon, since Im hours away from my ortho (im home from college) and hopefully ill be braced soon!!!

metalmouthmommy

#178 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Thanks! And Good luck Chey-- it's totally worth it :)

btfly

#179 Post by btfly »

metalmouthmommy wrote:btfly-

Wow! Your post brought tears to my eyes!!!!

I am so happy that you decided to get braces (and that my story helped you along with your decision!)

I can't get over how much better I feel about myself since the braces have been taken off!

And, for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I feel like I have nothing to be ashamed of! I can talk, smile, laugh, and meet strangers without ever feeling "judged" by my teeth. It's an amazing feeling. And one that I had never realized affected me SO much on an everyday basis.

Do it for you! It's the best thing you will ever do for yourself :)
Congrats on a life changing step in a new direction!

Well, I had my first ortho consult today. He thinks I'll need 7 extractions (4 of those are my wisdom teeth) as well as 26 - 28 months in braces.

That seems like alot of teeth I'll loose.

I think I'll do a couple more consults and start a braces story this week as well.

BTW, your smile looks great!

metalmouthmommy

#180 Post by metalmouthmommy »

I had all of my wisdom teeth extracted in my twenties. they were all impacted and a huge PIA.

I didn't need any additional extractions before braces though.

Good luck, and can't wait to hear your story!