Flossing problems

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

macgirl4ever

Flossing problems

#1 Post by macgirl4ever »

I have powerchains and elastics. Lately, especially when I eat proteins like chicken, I have severe pain between my last molar (unbracketed and unbanded) and my second molar which is bracketed and banded. When I floss, I have to literally 'dig' is out and with it comes a huge blood clot! Has anyone else done this? Should I be worried!
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

socksy

#2 Post by socksy »

I did have a similar problem and I hate to tell you, but it turned out a filling had broken and I needed to get it repaired. :( The filling had been sort of between the teeth and since part of it came out, food would get stuck in there and cause the pain. I was able to get it filled again without any problem from the braces - the cavity was easy for my dentist to get to without any trouble. My hygienist found it when I went in for a routine cleaning, but if you don't have one scheduled soon, you might want to get it checked. Hope that helps!

clear Radiance brackets top and bottom

macgirl4ever

#3 Post by macgirl4ever »

thanks socks, but I don't have any dental work at all (except for the hardware). Somehow, I've managed 30 years without a single cavity. Your post gave me a thought- that maybe some of the paste from the braces has broken off and is irritating it the same way your filling did?
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010