HkyGrl s2k's Journal- Part 2

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HkyGrl s2k

HkyGrl s2k's Journal- Part 2

#1 Post by HkyGrl s2k »

I decided to start a new journal because I found that all the links for the pictures in the previous thread had been broken because pictures got moved around. And I was doing horribly keeping up on my journal :oops:

So Cliff Notes version of the previous one: I'm 29. I had Damon 3's put on the top and MX's put on the bottom on June 11, 2008.

Some pics from the beginning:

I have had molar bands put on in preparation for a BSSO surgery. Last week my Ortho put on my final top wire. And in 6 weeks I will get my final lower wire. I still have surgery to go but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!! :dance:

New Pics:

I finally got the date for my BSSO surgery the other day, December 7th. I'm both nervous and excited because I know this means I'm almost done with everything. :)

yj207

#2 Post by yj207 »

wow amazing progress! why do you need to get surgery?

LeahRuth

#3 Post by LeahRuth »

Wowow! Your teeth are looking AMAZING right now.
You're almost done!

Good luck with your BSSO, I have to get the same procedure in about a year.

HkyGrl s2k

#4 Post by HkyGrl s2k »

Thanks guys :)

yj207- Surgery to correct my overbite. It cant be corrected with the braces, my choices were pull teeth or the surgery. My ortho showed me some pics of what my profile would look like with either procedure, and I definitely didn't like how it would look if they pulled teeth. So they are going to advance my lower jaw.

lfwood

#5 Post by lfwood »

Your teeth look great!

I too am having the same surgery as yourself (lower jaw advancement). I bascially had the same choice as you regarding teeth removal or surgery. The surgery will hopefully provide me with a more stable bite because I don't want to have braces every again.

Am all wired and hooked ready to go. Surgery will hopefully be early January as OS has holidays at Xmas time here in Australia.

Wishing you all the best :D

Braces 1st time 1986-1989
Braces 2nd time - January 2009
Lower Jaw Surgery (Advance)- January 14 2010

Miranbrady20

#6 Post by Miranbrady20 »

OMG your looking gooooood!!!! i'm so excited for you! we r in the same boat concerning length of time left in braces! i have small things im not happy with like mid lines and gaps on myright side.. but it cant be perfect i guess!! good luck with surgery and its nice to hear from u again! leep us posted...

HkyGrl s2k

#7 Post by HkyGrl s2k »

Thanks guys!! Less than 30 days now until surgery, starting to get some butterflies, but I think I will be ok.

Finally got my Pre-Op appointment date in the mail yesterday, they said it would be a week before my surgery but its only 5 days before, hope I don't wuss out after that appointment. :lol: The packet of stuff they mailed me has some pretty good sounding recipes in it, I actually can't wait to try a few of them out. Haha!

Time seems to be starting to fly by now, I feel like I have so much stuff to go get before the surgery but I think that might just be in my head. Started picking up stuff I thought I'd need last month. Gonna place my order for some zip-n-squeez stuff and go over the rest of my list to see what I'll need to pick up.