New to the board..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brian1983

New to the board..

#1 Post by Brian1983 »

I recently, 3 months, had braces put on for the second time ceramics up top and metal on the bottom. The reason I got them put on again was because I had to prematurely get them removed first time so my teeth relapsed very bad. I am about to graduate from college in a year and a half and want to have a nice smile when I enter the work or buisness world because having a nice smile is a way for a collegue or associate to feel more comfortable with you. I am just going to bite the bullet now while I am at school and do everything my ortho tells me and hopefully everything works out for the best which it will. I will be posting pics up here of my progress and hope to relate with some of you on here as it brings difficulty being an adult having braces on.

Brian

Lioness

#2 Post by Lioness »

good luck :D
Uppers: August 13th, 2009 (no spacers)
Lowers: October 13th, 2009 (following one extraction October 9th, 2009) with elastics
Sentence:18-24 months
Hoping for an early release (good behavior)

sarahlynn

#3 Post by sarahlynn »

Congrats on getting the courage to have them put on again! You won't regret this down the road. It will be so nice to start off your career with a nice smile! Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Brian1983

#4 Post by Brian1983 »

One thing I remember was when I got my braces off the first time all you want to do is smile and show it off. As far as wearing braces I really dont mind because its my teeth and im the one who has to live with them. The thing you benefit the most about them is the fact that you can bite properly again and cavities are less prevalent. The fact that you can show them off is just a perk.

sarahintx

#5 Post by sarahintx »

Hey Brian I know what you mean about being an adult and having braces. I just had mine put on today and included an palatal expander and I'm 26! I work in a busy office and on the phone at least 50% of the day, so there's a lot of adjusting to made with my speech. Hopefully it'll get better with time and I won't be wearing the expander long.

Good luck.