Wobblydeb's Invisalign

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wobblydeb

Wobblydeb's Invisalign

#1 Post by Wobblydeb »

Okay, here is the start(?!) of the journal. I am already at tray 3 of my treatment and finally have a piccie to upload :lol:

I have already noticed some movement - mostly the two incisors that are in crossbite at the moment. the upper is coming forward and the lower is definitely closer to the other teeth than it started. Yipppppeeeeee!! :D

Yey, finally - here is the start point!

Last edited by Wobblydeb on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Initial set: 31 upper / 17 lower
1st refinement: 14 upper / 10 lower
2nd refinement: 10 upper / 5 lower

Wobblydeb

#2 Post by Wobblydeb »

Here we are at the start of tray 5. You can see where the lower tray is not quite fitting onto the two forward incisors. Both me and my dentist are keeping a close eye on it!

The top tray is still fitting perfectly (touch wood)...

Gosh, I look scary don't I? Honest, my smile is not this bad! Proof:

Last edited by Wobblydeb on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

flesh-was-sweet

#3 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Wow I can see progress!

Looking good!

Wobblydeb

#4 Post by Wobblydeb »

Here are the still images from my Clincheck.

Uppers:

Lowers:

Wobblydeb

Here we are at tray 8!

#5 Post by Wobblydeb »

The last few trays seemed to have flown past! I'm feeling a bit disappointed that the photos don't seem to show as much progress as I am noticing myself. There is a load more space behind that lower incisor now and I get great pleasure from the fact food doesn't get stuch behind it now :D

The last few weeks have brought another issue though - my teeth are yellowing faster than normal, and the attachments are staining in places :( My dentist has suggested I bleach them, but I am not keen to do it whilst I have attachments in place, plus I'm not keen on mega-white teeth. (makes my eyes look yellow! :lol: )

So ....... I'm going to try and change my habits instead :idea: I was using tons of mouthwash and some brands can apparently stain teeth, so I'm going to try gently brushing instead after a tea of coffe. I'm also going to cut back on the cups of tea! :shock: ..... if I can....

Wobblydeb

TRAY 13

#6 Post by Wobblydeb »

Well, here we are at tray 13. I've now finished all of the IPR (Interproximal reduction) on my lower incisors, and have to admit am wondering how the heck those teeth are all going to come into line! I've got trays 14, 15 and 16 and there is tonnes of movement in the next 6 weeks in the lower incisors. I'm really excited about it! :lol: I'm getting the dreaded black triangles between the lower incisors, but am accepting that as the result of several years crowding and poor gum care. I'm hoping the gums will recover a bit once I'm finished and fill the gaps a little...

On the upper set, that little lateral incisor is coming around nicely - no need to create space there, he just had to be pushed forward :) I've gained a slight gap between the central incisors but that is because they're shuffling along to line up my mid-line.

Exciting stuff, but I'm getting bad for leaving my trays out longer than necessary :oops: With all the work they've got to do in the next few weeks, I'm trying to be stricter with myself!

Wobblydeb

#7 Post by Wobblydeb »

Well, here I am at tray 17 of 31/17 (Upper/Lower). My teeth have moved so far in the past few months!

Here are the lowers today:

Not quite as straight as the liner...

But a lot better than the start! It isn't the same angle, but gives you an idea. You had to go 3-D to get a real appreciation of how bad my lower teeth were :(

Saw my dentist last night and agreed to wear them 4 weeks and then return for a review. He said Invisalign prefers them to wait until the full lot are finished before refinement, but I think I've persuaded him that if its needed then 6 months is a long wait when I could be refining the bottom set whilst the top finish up.

This is what the whole set looks like now. The uppers still have 7 months to go, but most of that is trying to rotate the left canine (upper right-hand side of the photo). :)

Wobblydeb

#8 Post by Wobblydeb »

Yay! I'm now at tray 25 of 31 uppers.

I've been wearing tray 17 of 17 lowers for (.... does the maths...) for nearly 4 months now. Its quite stained but nobody sees that anyway, and the teeth look fine and are comfortable underneath it :)

I've been having problems during the last few trays rotating the upper left incisor. If there is one lesson to be learnt it is WEAR YOUR ALIGNERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. It just seems with my teeth that some moved really easily, but others have been difficult. It has been the movements that Invisalign tell you can be problematic - extruding incisors and rotating canines.

So..... That canine stopped fitting the attachment at about tray 21. My dentist gave it another session, but then decided to cut the tray so we could use an elastic attached to the front of the trays. I had that attached to the canine for trays 23 and 24. Unfortunately the tooth tipped as well as rotating ..... so the elastic was doing the trick, but causing some unwanted movement.

So...... The latest tactic is to move the attachment to match the aligner now that we've got the tooth moving. I will definitely be going into refinement so the extrusion that is needed will have to be addressed then...

Here is the offending tooth! Its hard to tell, but the gum next to the incisor is a bit bunched up / inflamed but not painful (thankfully!)

Wobblydeb

#9 Post by Wobblydeb »

.... and here's the start point from that side....

amandajane

#10 Post by amandajane »

Kinda looks like you'd need braces instead of invisalign. That's just my opinion. Looks like your just working on the social teeth ( the front ones) which is commendable too.

Good luck.

my story: viewtopic.php?t=31380

Wobblydeb

#11 Post by Wobblydeb »

amandajane wrote:Kinda looks like you'd need braces instead of invisalign. That's just my opinion. Looks like your just working on the social teeth ( the front ones) which is commendable too.
LOL...... Hmmmmmm yes, braces would probably have got the same result quicker, but with more discomfort to me and risk to my gums. I may still have to change to fixed braces if that canine refuses to budge!

I started out working on the social teeth (this is second time around for me) but have decided to add a tweak to my plan and return the left premolars into the arch. They've sneaked towards my tongue slightly and it means my smile looks less "full" on that side.

I think some people need retainers for life, and I am definitely one of them :D