Gracey's ceramic mouth journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracey82

Gracey's ceramic mouth journey

#1 Post by gracey82 »

Dear all,

I'm not good or persistent when it comes to details or journaling but I got motivated looking at the pics of you guys and the improvement achieved!
So I thought should do the same, just to motivate myself and remind myself that it will worth it at the end!

I got ceramic upper and lower, with no extractions done (evaluation after 6 months). Cross bite problem (to the orthon, not to me:D). My reason to putting braces is the overjet of my front teeth. But after braces were put on 2 weeks ago, the wire make me realised how unaligned my teeth is! THough I'm satisfied with my teeth when I smile, I always wish my front teeth is not too protruding.

Pics below are day 1 and day 15. I noticed most of the people in the forum used pretty thick wired even the first day.BUt my orthon used a rather thin wire on my braces. I wish it's a thicker one already so it can move faster!

Smile before and after!
[img]http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xb ... =directlin

I have hving dry mouth ever since I put on braces and notice my mouth has swollen like a sausage roll the day after my upper braces been put on! Anyone experience this?

till then to my next djustment, happy bracing everyone :D

gracey82

#2 Post by gracey82 »

UNfortunately the posting of pic failed.

Any idea how to post the pics ?? :shock:

gracey82

#3 Post by gracey82 »

Image[/img]

gracey82

Swollen lips

#4 Post by gracey82 »

Im not sure if its just me or it happens to you as well, but ever since having braces, I felt my lips been swollen a little bit. Im not sure if its because how my lips sit on top of my braces hence cause little blood circulation or the constant friction between the lips and the braces that cause the swelling.

Anyone experience that too?

kayleighkelley

#5 Post by kayleighkelley »

I haven't noticed my lips being swollen, but they do seem to stick out more. I have really thin lips so I'm going to miss how full my lips look with braces after they come off. Congrats on getting braced!

gracey82

#6 Post by gracey82 »

thanks kayleighkelly :) Lucky you! at times i swear i have gotten sausage lips because of the sweling ! Pain for me is tolerable but constantly having something stuffs between your lips is just making me so uncomfortable n been having dry lips all the time

Hope your teeth is moving fast ! :)

sarahlynn

#7 Post by sarahlynn »

Congrats on getting braced! You have really pretty teeth and they will look awesome when you are finished! I know what you mean, I never realized just how bad my teeth were until my records appointment (I always disliked them but until I saw some of the pics I was like "oh my!"
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

gracey82

#8 Post by gracey82 »

thanks sarahlynn for your encourgement! :)

Somehow the other pics of mine failed to post. I will try to posts here.
Yes my teeth might looks pretty ok, as long as I dont show all of them :)

The pics (if it posted successfully) will show how misalign my upper n lower are, with cross bite on my left.

My teeth can't move slow enough! 2 weeks more till my first adjustment.

Was tryin to figure how to add the ticker calendar but i cant find the theme that let me add Braces to the calendar...

Wishing everyone progressing fast !

xoxo
gracey82

gracey82

#9 Post by gracey82 »

Sorry to repost as I cant seems to find the button to edit or delete my post!!

I was just wishing to point out the movements that I think I'm having! Or is it my hallucination??

katie57

#10 Post by katie57 »

I really appreciate your pictures of your journey (and everyone else's here). They are educational in helping me understand what will be happening, even if it is slow progress.

gracey82

4 more days before my 1st adjustment!!

#11 Post by gracey82 »

HI all

Katie @ no worries. GOod luck to your brace journey. Do keep an journal so you can track your progress!

Just thought to post the pic before I have my adjustment in 4 days. My teeth is pretty straight to begin with so there are no dramatic movement but there are certainly some movements, especially the upper and lower incisors!

Cant wait for my first adjustment and hopefully a thicker wire!!!

xoxo
gracey82

gracey82

How to delete or edit my post??

#12 Post by gracey82 »

Does anyone know how to edit or delete a post? I have looked at the FAQ and cant find the edit button it was talking about :S

I dont want to spam and repost again just because I cant find the feature to edit or delete post.

thanks,
gracey82

gracey82

#13 Post by gracey82 »

Happy 1 month anniversary!

Cant wait for 1st adjustment tomorrow!

After 1 month, before 1 month ago.

gracey82

#14 Post by gracey82 »

cnat believe how much my lwoer moved in 1 month!
Upper wire is changed but not the lower as has one rotated teeth that wont move, so orthon has put alot of force on the devil teeth.

Error again in the image upload. Lets see if this works

After 1 month, Before a month

Not much pain that i would love to hve to get it move faster :)

gracey82

#15 Post by gracey82 »