Five days in and not looking back

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tool1248

Five days in and not looking back

#1 Post by tool1248 »

Hello everyone,

I am a 32 year old System Administrator. Around the sixth grade, my teeth came in really crowded and crooked (esp. my top canines). I would always smile with my mouth closed. When I was in high school, my mom tried her best to talk me into braces, but I refused. Since I had perfected the closed mouth smile, I didn't want to go through the hassle of braces and I didn't want to draw attention to my teeth (stupid teen logic, I know). My younger sisters both got braces and I was astonished at how quickly their front teeth were looking straight (in about 2 or 3 months).
17 years later I am married with children, working in a professional environment and still embarressed by my teeth. My wife, who is ironically a dental assistant, asked if she could talk to a local orthodontist about my case, after we discussed how I felt about my teeth. Two months and three extractions later I am in braces. I have ceramic on top, metal on bottom, and all are self-litigating. I am loving it. Today is day five and I've had very little pain. A fair amount of pressure (it feels like my front teeth consist of a jello-like substance), but it is so worth it.
It is very comforting to find so many adults who are going through the same thing. I look forward to share in everyone stories, as we all seek a better smile.

Eddie

sarahlynn

#2 Post by sarahlynn »

Hi Eddie, thanks for sharing your story - it is nice to find other adults in a similar situation, it has really helped me out in just these few short weeks since I've had my braces.

tool1248

#3 Post by tool1248 »

it is nice to find other adults in a similar situation, it has really helped me out in just these few short weeks since I've had my braces.
Yeah, I have really enjoyed visiting this message board. It's kind of hard to relate to my son's 12 year old friends who were forced by their parents to get braces.

tamatha2002

#4 Post by tamatha2002 »

I find that I complain a lot more than the 12 year olds!!

:oops:

elleda

#5 Post by elleda »

I'm 28 and on day 3. I feel like a baby, I've been complaining constantly and don't know how long it could possible take for it to feel better.

sarahlynn

#6 Post by sarahlynn »

I know the feeling - whenever I'm whining about teeth sensitivity and what I can't eat or don't feel I should eat, my husband (who's a teacher) reminds me that his kids who have braces eat just about everything eventually and it should be the same for me once I'm adjusted to them. :lol:

single&braces

#7 Post by single&braces »

im one day into my braces and i felt like quitting already! :(

Braces in 27 years old and single, tough! I'm so consicous about dating and I think I will not date till my braces is out! boo

single&braces

I love my teeth

#8 Post by I love my teeth »

Eddie-
congrats and welcome!!! I am 38 and mom of 2...........I really didn't want the braces, but I too haven't looked back in the 7weeks I've had them!! This board was a great find, it's fabulous to find so many adults who have braces!!

By week 5, I felt so good about what I was doing for myself, I got nice lavender ligs......my 9year old son loved them!! and all the mom's at school thought it was so self confident of me!! One mom said "good for you, embrace your braces"

One night while out having appys and drinks with the ladies, one friend hadn't said anything about my braces, so I asked her why?? she said "so, what, who cares, it's not like anything is different" so, that really made me realize, noone really cares that you have them, so why should I??

looking forward to my next adjustment, I may get the turquioise ligs, what do you think??
Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]