Mlholl19's quest for a nice smile. Pics included...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mlholl19

Mlholl19's quest for a nice smile. Pics included...

#1 Post by mlholl19 »

[color=violet]
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board, but I am glad that I came cross it. I am 26 years old, and I have spent 26 years hiding my smile because I am insecure about my teeth. The dentist has always told me I have pretty teeth, but I never felt that way. Finally I decided to see an orthodontist. The first one I didn't like at all, the second one I liked better, but I didn't like the fact that he doesn't do any of the adjustments, and rarely even saw the patients. The assistants did everything. The third one was the jackpot, he does all of the adjustments, he was super nice, and his office staff was wonderful. All 3 orthodontists that I saw told me that I had great teeth, and I'm a very easy case. My arches are fine, my bite is good, I just have a gap between my 2 front teeth, and my 2 lateral incisors are slightly undersized. So now here I am 2 days away from starting my braces journey. I am nervous but excited. I'm supposed to have them for 18 months, so I'm ready to just get the ball rolling now. I have posted some pics of my teeth from a consultation, and I will post new ones when I get my braces on in 2 days. I'm only getting the tops at first, and then the bottoms at the first adjustment. Thanks for reading. I hope you guys have an nice day.

Right side

Left side

Upper arch

Lower arch

[/img][/color]

mlholl19

The braces are on.....

#2 Post by mlholl19 »

So I got the braces put on about 2 hours ago,I only got them on my top teeth, I'll get the bottoms at my first adjustment. So far my teeth don't hurt, but I do feel a lot of pressure on them. I do have one heck of a headache though, and there is a wire on my molar that is poking the back of my cheek and it hurts like heck. I'll take a pic as soon as I can., but I hope things get better than this.

amandajane

response

#3 Post by amandajane »

Congrats on taking the plunge! It's painful but worth it.

My story: viewtopic.php?t=31380

8 days till adjustment again!

mlholl19

#4 Post by mlholl19 »

Thanks Amandajane, that is encouraging to hear. At first they didn't hurt, there was just pressure. Now they are aching so bad, and my head has been killing me. My ortho said I probalby won't be able to chew for 4-5 days. Hopefully it will get better.

mlholl19

My first day in braces....yesterday.

#5 Post by mlholl19 »

So here's a pic of my first day in braces (yesterday). Thank God they are only on the tops for right now, because I am in sooo much pain.

sarahlynn

#6 Post by sarahlynn »

Your braces look great, congrats! You do have pretty teeth and I'm sure you'll be happy with your smile when your treatment is finished. My dentists and ortho have told me that I have a nice tooth shape, but mine are so much more crooked than yours for me to really be able to envision what the end product will look like.

mlholl19

#7 Post by mlholl19 »

Thanks sarahlynn once again for your kind words. I got a chance to look at your bracestory, and your teeth don't look bad at all. Both of us will have great teeth at the end of this journey. Just hang in there, we'll get through this!

Margie

#8 Post by Margie »

Congrats on making the decision to get braces! You will probably start to see results pretty quickly, I know I did! It definitely makes the whole process easier to handle when you can actually see the changes!

PrincessPeach

#9 Post by PrincessPeach »

Congrats on your braces! I'm about a week in front of you ;) How long are you going to be wearing them? I'm on for about 18 months, but fingers crossed my teeth do their stuff & get moving quickly ;)
Lower Braces = 22nd June 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (14 months, 1 week & 4 days)
Upper braces = 10th August 09 - 2nd Sept 10 (12 months, 3 weeks & 2 days)

mlholl19

#10 Post by mlholl19 »

Thank you guys! I am supposed to have them on for 18 months too, and I really do hope my teeth start moving quickly because it's my fourth day, and my mouth is still in so much pain. I've had to wear wax 24/7 because my checks are raw, and my teeth and gums hurt so bad. I can't wait to chew again!

sarahlynn

#11 Post by sarahlynn »

You will be able to start chewing again soon. I still can't eat things that are really hard, but chewing got a lot easier after the first few days/the first week. Hopefully your cheeks start healing soon too!

mlholl19

#12 Post by mlholl19 »

Yay! I'm so excited I've had my braces on for a week now, and I can chew now, it's so exciting to be able to do something so small as being able to chew. Also, I've pretty much been forgetting about them until I have to prep myself for the hassle of flossing. So i guess I'll be home free for a while, at least until mid-august when I have my first adjustment, and I get the bottoms put on. I guess then I'll be back at square one.

PrincessPeach

#13 Post by PrincessPeach »

I'm glad things are getting better for you!
I'm on for 2 weeks now & hardly notice they're there, until i eat foods where they just get sooo stuck in them!

So hopefully soon you wont even remember you have them on, until you get the bottoms on! Which will be the same as me when i get my uppers on!!!

mlholl19

#14 Post by mlholl19 »

Thanks Princesspeach! I hope your braces' journey is treating you kindly.

PrincessPeach

#15 Post by PrincessPeach »

Yeah things have been pretty smooth so far! Only a few painkillers here & there for odd pains, but nothing too bad :D
I hardly notice i wear them now, unless i'm eating something where everything gets stuck in unremovable corners of the brace hahahaha!