I Love My Teeth's Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

I love my teeth

I Love My Teeth's Braces Journey

#1 Post by I love my teeth »

I thought since I've been posting here a bit I'd start a story as well. I will try with pics, but no guarantees, I am a bit technologically challenged!!

My story: I am 38years old, and have known I have needed braces and lower jaw advancement surgery since I was 22. But at that time no dentist ever told me my problem would get worse, and to be honest cosmetically I was living with it, and wasn't about to get all that work done. But sadly, my problem is worsening and when I compare pics now and 15years ago there is a noticable difference in my smile. So, I went in Dec 2008 for another ortho consult, and this dr. told me the problem would continue to get worse until I lost my teeth at a very early age. So, that really pushed me to do it now and do it right!!

I needed 3 areas on my lower teeth gum grafted, so that process begin March 27, and my braces went on May 14.

Just a warning, the pictures are really close up, and look really BAD, "brace" yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to try to get some inside pics, but have had some trouble doing it. These pics are with my teeth closed, not a "real smile"...........my husband says in "real life" with the rest of my face and a real smile, it doesn't look as bad as the pics do!! But when I saw them my first reaction was "oh my, do I really look this bad!!" I am hoping to find some people to watch my progress with me as I go through this 24-30month journey, I could really use the support!!

Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Takako

#2 Post by Takako »

Good luck! I hope your journey is positive ^^

xJx

#3 Post by xJx »

Good luck with your treatment keep thinking positive!
:D
Smile and the world smiles with you! :D

I love my teeth

#4 Post by I love my teeth »

Hey guys thanks for the replies!!!! I am really hoping to see some progress soon!!!! Although I feel I have adapted to the brackets fairly well, I am a bit sad because I do need a TPA device, which should have gone in when the brackets did, but it didn't fit properly, so I will get it at some point........ :(

Have to call the ortho tomorrow, yesterday I found a wire poking out and ripping up the inside of my mouth, back to using wax..............am I right, if I call, they can do something about the pokey wire?????

[/url]

Andromeda

#5 Post by Andromeda »

Yea if you call they can set up a time for you to go in and they will probably just cut the wire so its not so long and doesn't poke. Or they can bend the end of the wire back in on itself so the end isn't sharp and that way if it starts getting longer again it won't jab so roughly.

I love my teeth

#6 Post by I love my teeth »

thanks Andromeda-

I did call this morning, and I am on my way in there in a few minutes--I was glad they were so accomodating!!!! Relief will be moments away!!

[/url]

I love my teeth

#7 Post by I love my teeth »

Just returned from the ortho's office to snip my wire a bit!!! I felt so much more confident going in there after being on this board, anyway--I asked the tech about my tpa (nance) appliance that was supposed to go in when I got my braces, but it didn't fit right---------she said the chart said "at a later date"

I told her I didn't want my progress slowed at all by not having the device and what does she suggest?? She got the ortho, who saw me right away--he said we can wait until the 2nd adjustment..........no worries about changing the length of treatment, it won't affect it!! He just likes to give you everything at once--braces, appliances, ect........so you don't have to get used to one thing, then the next ect. So, I am glad, because that tpa is so uncomfortable, now I should be off the hook until the end of summer when all our vacations are done with, ya-hoo!!!

Cant wait to go back for my adjustment june 18 :D :D :D

[/url]

I love my teeth

#8 Post by I love my teeth »

I thought since it's been about a month since my braces went on, I would add some updated pics-----I can see very little if any change, would love some feedback!!

There are changes on the bottom, but I don't have any pre pics of that---the arch wire on the bottom had 2 pretty major kinks in it, the kink on the right is totally straight now, and the one on the left is halfway there--that's exciting. but not as exciting as when my tops start straightening out!!

Front View at 4 weeks--compare to the 2week post braces view in the above post--do you see any differences??

Top Arch--yuck, can't wait to see some positive changes here!!

All the teeth

Bottom arch--lots of changes here, but no pre-pics,
Image[/img][/code] :cry:

Thanks for looking, appreciate any comments!!

[/url]

shinyRiver

#9 Post by shinyRiver »

Wow, your teeth seem to be in better shape than mine and I'm only 22! They are gorgeously unblemished and pearly white. You'll have a movie-star quality toothy smile by the time you're all through- I'm so excited for you. You're gonna love yourself for doing this! :D Welcome to the brace-face club!

I love my teeth

#10 Post by I love my teeth »

thanks Shinyriver!!!!! that was a real pick me up today---feeling a bit depressed, as there is very little visible difference yet-----but everything is loose, by bite is totally off--different every few days..........so some visible difference would be nice

thanks again for the compliment!!

[/url]

bb

#11 Post by bb »

You're so lucky to see a difference after so short a time!
I've only started seeing a difference after 6 months.
When your bite is off, try to think of that as a good thing because that means things are moving in there!!

I love my teeth

#12 Post by I love my teeth »

bb-
thanks for stopping by!!!! really looking forward to my adjustment later this week--curious to see what the ortho has to say, and now that I have this board, I can ask him, what the adjustments goals are each time---something I don't think I would have thought of before!!

Christine

[/url]

Takako

#13 Post by Takako »

People are right on about the bite! My bite has only returned to something even resembling normal in the last 3 or so weeks; for a while there my molars didn't touch at all except for on the peaks! Very annoying, but I knew it meant my teeth were a-moving!

I love my teeth

#14 Post by I love my teeth »

takako-

thanks for stopping by!! I am relieved to hear the bite thing is normal!! Mine is usually horrible, and painful for 3days, then improved for a few days, then something else moves, and it's painful again! I actually made it through a picnic on saturday and out to dinner sat night with almost no pain and managed to eat almost normal. so, that was a relief!! Really anxious to see some cosmetic improvement in my front teeth-but I don't actually think he's moving those a whole lot just yet--but I can't wait!!

thanks again for the support!!

[/url]

sarahlynn

#15 Post by sarahlynn »

I'm glad you guys mentioned the differences in your bite - in the last day or so (I'm only 5 days into my braces) my bite feels way off and half the time I never know if I'm even biting down "properly" - I mean I know that my bite was off to begin with, which is half the reason I'm in braces, but sometimes I'll find myself shifting my bite side to side a bit to see if the fit is slightly better :lol: