How long was it for you before lower lip returned?

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brendan

How long was it for you before lower lip returned?

#1 Post by brendan »

Figure id make an official no BS thread and then average the results after a few pages.

Simply respond

1-2 Months
2-4 Months
4-6 Months
6-9 Months
9-12 Months
12-24 Months
Never fully returned

PJ

#2 Post by PJ »

You forgot this option: Immediately! I never had a numb lower lip. The upper is still not fully back though--at 7weeks now.

anaxthema

#3 Post by anaxthema »

Same here immediately.

brendan

#4 Post by brendan »

damn i think im fu cked!!

2.5 mo and still cant feel most of it

anaxthema

#5 Post by anaxthema »

Bahah. Don't panic... yet. Nerves are finicky little buggers.

PJ

#6 Post by PJ »

Don't freak! Me and Anaxthema were very lucky. Most people have numbness in the lower lip for many months. It can be permanent, but that is rare.

teylix

#7 Post by teylix »

haha of course pj had to come in here and brag about not having a numb lower lip!

although mine wasnt really numb either... it was numb in the lower right corner though.. it still is a bit after 5 weeks
BSSO and Le Fort I surgery + nose straightening done on May 4th.
Current status: Waiting for braces to come off next week! (09/20)

PJ

#8 Post by PJ »

Sorry Teylix--not trying to brag. I fully appreciate how lucky I am compared to a lot of people who seem to be telling horror stories. If anything, I am bragging on my great surgeon! Btw--I also have a little numbness in the right corner of my lower lip--not enough to be a big deal, but it is still there. And my upper lip--still not right, but getting there; 7 weeks post op.

mannab271

#9 Post by mannab271 »

Umm. August will be a year since my BBSO and Lefort I..and my bottom lip and chin are still partially numb. Everyone is different.

~danielle~

#10 Post by ~danielle~ »

June 23rd will be 1 year for me and I my lower lip still a tiny bit numb but i only notice when I'm looking for it. I'd say it was mostly gone within 4-6 months though and from there it has been just small changes. My chin still pretty numb though and i dont know if i will get that feeling back :(

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#11 Post by blindboarder2008 »

I have started to gain feeling back in my chin on the right side, but its still pretty numb on the left side. my lower lip feels kinda numb still but i'm starting to gain some feeling back in that department however the upper lip is still feeling pretty numb.
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

brendan

#12 Post by brendan »

thanks guys

i am at 3 months and still pretty stiff/not a lot of feeling.

Guess there is still hope however!

fromjersey

#13 Post by fromjersey »

12 months and I only had sliding genioplasty.
Helen

Graceful58

#14 Post by Graceful58 »

Six months here and I still have numbness on my chin and lower lip and lower jaw. I'm concerned when I had my screws put that the severed the nerve, I had the screws out the end of May because they were poking through under my tongue. He said that they didn't severe the nerve but I'm wondering if it could have happened when he put the screws in...I'm investigating now.
Lower Jaw Advancement & Mentoplasty- Dec 31st...Happy New Year!!!

http://bracefacemom.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Graceful

moth

#15 Post by moth »

i still have quite a bit of numbness, mostly lower lip and chin. my upper and lower gums are still very numb as well. i am just over 3 months.. so i feel your pain, brendan. i notice very small improvements over time... so let's keep hoping!