Andromeda's Braces Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andromeda

#91 Post by Andromeda »

Thanks allisun!! It feels so much better to bite down now, yay! Yea my insurance is apparently pretty good :) I bought the best dental insurance my company offers and it's only $150/year pretax.

browneyedgrl

#92 Post by browneyedgrl »

That's awesome!!! Nothing like a little carbon paper and the diamond drill, let me tell you, it works wonders on adjusting the bite!!!

I guess that we're down to the home stretch and 12 days to go!

Cheers!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Andromeda

#93 Post by Andromeda »

Cheers, B! :-88

Andromeda

#94 Post by Andromeda »

Awww Ken! Sorry :oops: ! Everyone's day comes, just at different times. I've been jealous of other people's teeth, progress, and finally naked teeth so many times. And then of course having my debanding date pushed back was no fun either, but I know I am still one of the lucky ones. I've never had braces or anything before, I had to have extractions, I'm done growing, and it only took me 15 months so that's not too shabby :) So I am thankful for that. You have been so supportive to me and so many others on here - we are all going to be so excited for you when your day comes! I plan on sticking around these boards indefinitely so I will still be here rooting for you!! :)

danish

#95 Post by danish »

Hi Andromeda,

Soon your days in braces will be a distant memory. Not bad, huh? :wink:

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Andromeda

#96 Post by Andromeda »

Hey everyone, I got my braces off today!! I'm pretty happy - they aren't perfect but they are good enough :) They definitely are more yellow than I thought they were so started Crest White Strips today. Also got my Essix retainer today as well. Here are some pics:

ImageImage

You can see how yellow they are in these close-ups :(

ImageImage

And here is the reason why I want to get the laser gum removal done - this is my "real" smile when I'm not trying to hide the gums....

The removal was sooo painful :( The ceramic brackets on the front teeth made my eyes water so bad and the brackets cracked and he couldn't get them all off with the plyer type things - so he had to sand the rest of the brackets off which took a while. My gums are so sore and puffy. The ortho said they swelled up over some of the cement on my teeth and he couldn't get all the cement off because he was cutting up my gums really bad trying to get to it so I have to go back after the swelling goes down and he'll get the rest - I can't even feel that there's anything left right now though. He cut me bad in the very back and there was a lot of blood... :-((

He gave me my Essix retainers but said he was gonna send away to get something else too - I have completely blanked on what he called it but said it's like a mouth guard that I will wear for about 12 weeks instead of my retainer. I have to clench (on and off) on it for 2 hours a day and then wear it all night. He said it really helps sock in the bite and settle the teeth faster than if I just wear the retainer. Anyone had one of these?

Ok well that's all for now. I go back on July 10 to pick up the new appliance (dang, what's it called?!) and for a retainer checkup.

Andromeda

#97 Post by Andromeda »

Hey everyone, I got my braces off today!! I'm pretty happy - they aren't perfect but they are good enough :) They definitely are more yellow than I thought they were so started Crest White Strips today. Also got my Essix retainer today as well. Here are some pics:

ImageImage

You can see how yellow they are in these close-ups :(

ImageImage

And here is the reason why I want to get the laser gum removal done - this is my "real" smile when I'm not trying to hide the gums....

The removal was sooo painful :( The ceramic brackets on the front teeth made my eyes water so bad and the brackets cracked and he couldn't get them all off with the plyer type things - so he had to sand the rest of the brackets off which took a while. My gums are so sore and puffy. The ortho said they swelled up over some of the cement on my teeth and he couldn't get all the cement off because he was cutting up my gums really bad trying to get to it so I have to go back after the swelling goes down and he'll get the rest - I can't even feel that there's anything left right now though. He cut me bad in the very back and there was a lot of blood... :-((

He gave me my Essix retainers but said he was gonna send away to get something else too - I have completely blanked on what he called it but said it's like a mouth guard that I will wear for about 12 weeks instead of my retainer. I have to clench (on and off) on it for 2 hours a day and then wear it all night. He said it really helps sock in the bite and settle the teeth faster than if I just wear the retainer. Anyone had one of these?

Ok well that's all for now. I go back on July 10 to pick up the new appliance (dang, what's it called?!) and for a retainer checkup.

Andromeda

#98 Post by Andromeda »

Sorry bout the double post... sigh. It said there was an error, I checked my story in a new browser to make sure it didn't post and it wasn't there so I posted it again. Now there's two somehow - oh well.

acd

#99 Post by acd »

Wow! Your teeth look great. Congrats!!!

Neptune

#100 Post by Neptune »

Congratulations, Andromeda. :) You must be so pleased to be through with this leg of your journey, huh? I'm in the "I'm so over braces" phase. Fun. By the way, your teeth look beautiful.
08 Apr 2008 - Front teeth braced.
30 Aug 2010 - New bracket brand placed on upper four incisors.

Initial Ortho Sentence: 18-20 months.

jenny101101

#101 Post by jenny101101 »

Congratulations, Andromeda!!! :-)o Your teeth are beautiful...enjoy that new smile!!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

Andromeda

#102 Post by Andromeda »

againbrace wrote:
Could that appliance be called a "positioner"? There have been some here who had to have one and do like you said in wearing it.

Enjoy that great new smile! Ken.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Haha, thank you SO much Ken! That was what he called it :) I knew it was a normal-ish word that I'd heard before but couldn't remember for the life of me.

And thanks everyone for your nice comments :) It def. feels nice without the braces but man my gums hurt! Especially where the ortho cut me with his sander, but I'm sure it will heal up eventually. It's better than still having the braces still on!

Megan11

#103 Post by Megan11 »

Andromeda!!! Your teeth look so PERFECT!!!! I bet you are so happy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-)o :jump: :jump: :-)o :dance: :banana:

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

kayleighkelley

#104 Post by kayleighkelley »

Your teeth look AMAZING, congrats!!!! :banana:

techiegirl74

#105 Post by techiegirl74 »

Just logged in for the first time in a while and saw you had your braces off. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Your teeth are SOOOO beautiful! SO EXCITED FOR YA!!!!!!!