Funny story

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ellen

Funny story

#1 Post by ellen »

This morning I decided to soak my Essix retainer while I got ready to go to work. The directions for the cleaning tablet is to put warm into a glass, add the tablet which fizzes when it hits the water, wait for water to turn blue, add Essix retainer, remove after 15 minutes and rinse well. It took me much longer than 15 minutes to get dressed, eat breakfast, read paper, etc., and on my way up the stairs I thought, "I hope it's ok that the retainer soaked for longer than 15 minutes." I went into the bathroom, drained the glass, and the retainer was gone! Just a fizzy, bubbly mess at the bottom of the glass and I panicked, thinking my retainer had dissolved because I left it in too long!!!! Turns out I forgot to drop the retainer into the cleaning solution....

Andromeda

#2 Post by Andromeda »

Hahaha you must have been so freaked thinking your retainer had dissolved! That's totally something I could see me doing/thinking lol. Good thing ya still have it. I hope they don't make cleaner tablets that will eat away at the retainer... that would be bad haha.

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

oh man that is to funny!!! glad your retainer didn't vaporise on you, that would have been bad!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Huon

#4 Post by Huon »

Ellen
Would you please give me the name of the cleaner that you use? Is it effective?
I need a cleaner and my ortho didn't give me any advice other than to clean them with toothpaste and a brush.
Huon

ellen

#5 Post by ellen »

The tablets are by "Retainer Brite." My ortho gave me samples, but I'm sure it's available at drug stores.

Huon

#6 Post by Huon »

Thanks, Ellen. I'll look for it.
Huon