what is happening to my jaw

This forum is for discussions relating to oral surgery for orthodontics.

Moderator: bbsadmin

knockuout7788

what is happening to my jaw

#1 Post by knockuout7788 »

i havent had surgery yet but it seems my profile is getting worse and starting to look manly in photos :shock: what is going on here

carcan

its ok

#2 Post by carcan »

I think thats normal. The Ortho has to line your teeth up so when you do have your surgery the upper and lower jaw fit together.Unfortunately that means making it look worse before it can get better.What type of surgery are you having?When?Did your OS show you a digital image of what you should look like after surg?

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

Re: its ok

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

carcan wrote:I think thats normal. The Ortho has to line your teeth up so when you do have your surgery the upper and lower jaw fit together.Unfortunately that means making it look worse before it can get better.What type of surgery are you having?When?Did your OS show you a digital image of what you should look like after surg?
i agree with carcan on this, unfortunately for some people your bite will look worse before it gets better. It kinda sucks that this happens this way but think of it this way: you'll have something to look forward to once you are all recovered after your surgery :D
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

changes09

#4 Post by changes09 »

One of the first things my ortho told me was that my bite will get worse before the surgery which will make it better. So yeah....when you think it cant get any worse, some how it does. But its all worth it! :)

tazzle

#5 Post by tazzle »

i am the opposite :D . my top lip area looks all swelled out and folk ask me if Ihave had an accident or ask me whats wrong with my mouth :lol:

soon have more to look at as op on 4th june :lol: :lol:

[/url]

ImageImage

crazybeautiful

#6 Post by crazybeautiful »

Yep, what everyone else said bascially. When I last saw my ortho she said to be 'wow, you really don't have much of a bite now do you?'. Well yeah, you're the expert who did it :lol:

But I think it's only something we ourselves notice. Nobody will look at you and think 'hmm, her bite and profile has changed since the last time I saw her'. They won't even realise! So don't worry about it too much...it's the only way to eventually make it better
~SARME, Nov 2007. 10mm expansion

My blog: http://crazybeautifulsurgery.blogspot.com/

jonathon003

#7 Post by jonathon003 »

yeah this whole leadup to surgery is brutal. my mouth just looks like a mess from all angles. it doesn't help that i couldn't close my mouth relax BEFORE braces, and imagine now. i feel your pain! but my surgery isn't for another year 15 months lol :(

changes09

#8 Post by changes09 »

Right now I am not even biting on my occlusal surface (the middle of my teeth) I am biting on all cusps! And that's only the teeth that are touching. I'm biting on a total of 4 teeth! The cusps of my molars...and if I bite down to hard I get this Jolt/Zing on my teeth!

Surgery could not come fast enough

knockuout7788

#9 Post by knockuout7788 »

is that why my jaw look manly?......it wasnt looking like that before...... :?