Anyone been turned away on their debonding date?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Andromeda

Anyone been turned away on their debonding date?

#1 Post by Andromeda »

I have a debonding date for June 11.. Just wondering if its weird to get a debonding date before your teeth are straight? I thought it was normal since if your teeth were already done then you wouldn't need to wait to take them off but a lot of people seem to already be "done" basically when they get their debonding date and then get them off like a month later. Is it a bad sign? Like maybe I won't really be done by the date given? How can they really know if my issues will be gone by June 11? Has anyone been given a date and when you got there, you couldn't get them off yet? Im just a little nervous bc I still have a few issues but my ortho knows and is working on them.

lindesd

I am feeling anxious too!

#2 Post by lindesd »

As a matter of fact, I was just fixing to post a message for some re-assurance.

I have a de-bonding date coming up in a few months and I still have several issues to be delt with, mostly several gaps and one of my top front teeth looks thicker than the other one. I am SO nervous that things are not going to be the way that I want them at the end. Or, things will seem un-finished to me after I'm debonded and I will be wishing for more. Is this crazy or what? Are these feelings normal? Not only my own, but I have even gotten to where I notice tiny flaws in other people's teeth.

"Somebody talk me down" I really think I am loosing it! :oops:

Stacey

browneyedgrl

#3 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Andromeda,

I have my debonding date next Tuesday 5/12, and I've just developed a couple of issues is the last week or so. I'm going in tomorrow morning to have them checked out, one of which my TMJ is acting up (lots of popping) and my bite is completely out of whack, my lower right central seems to have twisted a little bit and a space opened up inbetween my upper left lateral and central. If I'm told that my deband date had to be postponed, so be it.

I'm sure that your ortho is anticipating that everything will be in place by that date. My ortho saw me 8 weeks ago and put a note on my chart - access for removal, then when I had my appointment 4 weeks later, he made so final adjustments and shaped some teeth and said that they were coming off in 5 weeks. I did go in 2 weeks ago for a pc change and I did have a issue with the upper lateral and central with the space, but he didn't seem concerned and that it would close with the retainer. Now that same space is bigger so I'm worried.

If you still have issues inbetween your next visit and your debond, go in and see them. I joke with the staff that I came in to cause trouble...LOL!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Megan11

#4 Post by Megan11 »

I was wondering the exact same thing! I thought that once your teeth were perfect you had to wait a couple months for them to settle and then you get the braces off.

If thats the case I don't think I am going to be done by my estimate... :cry:

Damon 3's
First 6 Clear/Metal

browneyedgrl

#5 Post by browneyedgrl »

My debanding date has been rescheduled since I had a few issues. My ortho did some IPR in between my upper left lateral and central and it looks much better, also adjusted my bite. I feel so much better now. TMJ is still acting up, but hopefully that will resolve itself when I'm less stressed.

My new date is June 2. So I'm in for another 26 days.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]