Browneyedgrl's Journey~Updated~ 12/16

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

browneyedgrl

#196 Post by browneyedgrl »

Well here's a follow up to yesterdays appointment. I ended up going in this morning an had a powerchain placed on the lowers and asked about my lower right #3, the ortho didn't have an answer, but it does feel better, who knows maybe it was psychological... I also picked out the color for my retainer and I could have picked a design, but I went with the basic pink, if tye-dye or rainbow was an option, I would have done that!

As far as my deband date, we were thinking July as worse case senario. My initial estimate was 12 months and I'll be four over, no biggie.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#197 Post by metalmouthmommy »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and can't WAIT to see pics!!!!! congrats girly!

browneyedgrl

#198 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thanks Katie, I got to get my pics uploaded.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#199 Post by jenny101101 »

Hey B,

First off, sorry I've been MIA for so long. I've been so busy lately I've hardly signed on to the site except to read a few journals but I haven't been posting :( .

Secondly, CONGRATS on getting a debanding date!!! :banana: :jump: :-88 :thumbsup: :-#) I'm hoping to be free by the summer too so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Looking forward to seeing pics.....
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

browneyedgrl

#200 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thanks so much Jenny!!! I'm going in for a final powerchain change on in 2 weeks and 2 weeks after that is my debanding. I already had my impression done for my upper retainer so it looks as though I'm all set to go! I am going to ask my ortho to take a peek when I have my chains changed though to make sure that everything has remained in place. I wouldn't want to get there planning on having these removed and all of a sudden he changes his mind.

Got to run!

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#201 Post by browneyedgrl »

Well I finally got my pictures uploaded, enjoy the slideshow! The first one is before, first day, 5.5 months, 12.5 months and 15 months. I'm due to get debanded in 3 weeks. I'll be going in for a chain change either on Thursday or next Monday. I do have one small issue, it's hard to see in the picture, but I have a tiny space inbetween 1-2 on the upper left, I'm going to ask about IPR, it will probably end up delaying my date, but we shall see.

http://img260.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 866ci.smil

I'll keep you posted!

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#202 Post by browneyedgrl »

Well, there has been a little change of plans since I've developed some issues with my teeth and jaw over the last week or so. I saw my ortho today and debanding date has been rescheduled.

My ortho did some IPR in between my upper left lateral and central and it looks much better, also adjusted my bite. I feel so much better now. TMJ is still acting up, but hopefully that will resolve itself when I'm less stressed.

My new date is June 2. So I'm in for another 26 days.

B

[/url]

Andromeda

#203 Post by Andromeda »

Ohh I didn't see your most recent post on here but that explains why I thought you were getting them off this month - because you were! Sorry to hear that you had a small snaffoo that has delayed debanding by a bit, but it's not too much longer! Glad that your issues seem to be getting resolved pretty quickly and that your teeth will be the way you want them when the braces come off :) Good luck!

browneyedgrl

#204 Post by browneyedgrl »

Like I've said before, it is what it is and I'd rather have things perfect than just about perfect, because I don't want to do this again. My plan is to go in for a final powerchain change next week(my son told me this morning that my teeth looked yellow -- I guess that's what you get when you drink coffee and wear clear chains...LOL) and I'm sure that the doctor will take a final peek and hopefully I'll be good to go on the 2nd.

My teeth were somewhat stubborn and I didn't plan to go almost 5 months longer than the estimate, oh well... I have 3 kids to go through this and my oldest should probably be starting within the next 6 months or so.

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#205 Post by browneyedgrl »

Well, I had my final powerchain change today. The doctor took a look the spaces are all closed and it's looks like it's a go for June 2nd.

I'm just going to post a before pic and one as of today. Twelve days and counting. I should probably change my ticker...

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#206 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thanks Ken, I'm really pleased!

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#207 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thank you!!! :D

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#208 Post by metalmouthmommy »

you lucky duck you!!!!!! :-)o

your smile is gorgeous.....like a tooth paste commercials! CONGRATS!

browneyedgrl

#209 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thanks Katie!!!

I can't believe that this time next week I'll be nekkid!!! :jump: I'm already figuring out what I want to eat for lunch...LOL!!! My friend says that we need to have wings and ribs!!!

B

[/url]

jenny101101

#210 Post by jenny101101 »

Today's the day!! :-)o :-V :-88 :jump: :banana: :dance: :thumbsup: :HugeGrin:

Looking forward to your update :computer: and "nekked" pics :D !
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.