Radiance Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xJx

Radiance Braces

#1 Post by xJx »

Hi all I'm new to this forum but not to braces, anyway..

I had my consultation today for Invisalign but I found out after, that they wouldn't fix the slight over jet I have on one tooth,so the orthodontist recommended Radiance they are fixed braces with sapphire brackets and are considerably cheaper then Invisalign
I have searched on the internet but couldn't find much information on it,was just wondering if anyone has Radiance braces at the moment or has had them and what there opinions were? as these are my next best option as I dont fancy having ceramic braces again.
Thanks for any help in advance :)

newsboysgrl777

#2 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

Hi xJ...sorry no one has commented on this yet. I can't say that I've heard of radiance braces, but if you say that they're sapphire braces, maybe Radiance is just the brand name? I did start my braces journey by researching another brand of sapphire braces called clear ice or ice braces or something like that. Oh..inspire ice, maybe?? Yeah!! That's it!! :lol: Here is their website http://www.iceclearbraces.com/q05.php This obviously isn't about the radiance BRAND, but it'll probably be very, very similar to what you're thinking of doing because they're sapphire. I'm not sure the difference between that and ceramic, but like I said, these were what I was originally interested in and the ortho I decided to go with likes to use what I have on better (the inVu brackets..which are ceramic).

Good luck with things!! When do you think you'll be getting your braces on? Why don't you want to do ceramic again? Etc.

newsboysgrl777

#3 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

bedtimebear77

#4 Post by bedtimebear77 »

I have Inspire Ice braces and I highly recommend them. I originally wanted the invisalign also but they would not work for me because of the overbite. Most orthodontists use the radiance or clarity. But the receptionist at my dentist has the radiance or clarity (cant remember) and to me they look yellow. I also went to have my teeth whitened at another dentist right before I had my braces put on and her braces looked yellow too. Not sure what kind hers were either. I know that the brackets themselves dont stain but the inspire ice are just crystal clear. A lot of ppl don't even notice I have them on. I do admit they feel huge at first but that is because you are not use to something on your teeth. My ortho has a different kind of ceramic bracket and I had him special order these for me. They were surprised at how clear they are. Also this is very important to remember. I have not had the ligs put on yet (which do stain). Instead my ortho is currently using the tooth color wires to tie the wire on. I hope he can do this throughout my treatment. Love my ortho. Someone else on here has the inspire ice and said the smoke color ligs are best for not staining. I still don't know how to post pics, sorry. Wish you could see them.

xJx

#5 Post by xJx »

Thanks for the reply newsboysgrl777,the Ice clear braces are the same as Radiance from what I see,and sorry I didn't mean ceramic again I meant the metal braces so the reason I wouldn't wear them again is probably because I would feel self conscience going back to them,thats why I wanted something more discreet and hopefully I should be getting braces within the next couple of weeks/months latest,I have another consultation booked next week,where the orthodontist will look at all the options for me,so hopefully I can get things moving along soon :)

xJx

#6 Post by xJx »

bedtimebear77 I had the same problem because Invisalign was my ideal choice but because of my over bite my orthodontics said it would only straighten the teeth but not push the overbite back,I'm going to look into the clear braces,thanks for your reply.

Andromeda

#7 Post by Andromeda »

Yea I had my heart set on invisilign but was told the same thing - they would straighten my teeth but Id be left with an overjet. I was told Id need top teeth extracted and then wouldn't have an overjet but that invisilign can't move teeth together at the extraction gaps without making the roots crooked. So then I really wanted lingual braces but was told these wouldn't work for me either for some reason which wasn't clearly explained. Wound up with ceramic InOvation C, now Im almost done and because I had those top teeth removed so I wouldn't get an overjet, I developed an underbite bc of all the room created from extractions... go figure. These braces are ok, but weren't my first or even second choice as I wasnted nothing visible at all. They are better than metal but still quite visible in my opinion.

Im very glad I got the braces but still wish I could have gone thru treatment less publicly. Same result in the end tho right? Good luck with your choice!

rolo

#8 Post by rolo »

Stained ligatures can make teeth and brackets look yellow, my surgery is great about changing them between appointments. Also I have a cosmetic tooth coloured coated archwire, and although overall I think it looks better than a metal one, I'm not sure if it makes my teeth look a bit yellow, it is yellower than my teeth.

smile2006

#9 Post by smile2006 »

I had inspire ice brackets (they are off now). I was a second timer going through jaw surgery. I was very happy with how "invisible" they were. My ortho used wire ties throughout (not ligs) which didn't stain and couldnt be seen. I had power chains now and then and used the "pearl" color. They were pretty good at resisting staining.

polkad0t

#10 Post by polkad0t »

I just got my radiance braces in today--my ortho uses them as well. My teeth aren't too white or too yellow, and I have to say, they're practically unnoticeable :] I just got the top row in but when I talk, you can't even see them.

newsboysgrl777

#11 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

polkad0t wrote:I just got my radiance braces in today--my ortho uses them as well. My teeth aren't too white or too yellow, and I have to say, they're practically unnoticeable :] I just got the top row in but when I talk, you can't even see them.
would you mind posting a photo (or 2)? Pretty please?? :) Thank you!!

PS Congrats on taking the plunge!! :)

xJx

#12 Post by xJx »

newsboysgrl777 wrote:
polkad0t wrote:I just got my radiance braces in today--my ortho uses them as well. My teeth aren't too white or too yellow, and I have to say, they're practically unnoticeable :] I just got the top row in but when I talk, you can't even see them.
would you mind posting a photo (or 2)? Pretty please?? :) Thank you!!

PS Congrats on taking the plunge!! :)

Pretty please with a cherry on top
I would like to see some pictures too :)

polkad0t

#13 Post by polkad0t »

Here they are. Please excuse the disgusting teeth :oops:

From far, you can barely see the brackets :D

My older sister had ceramic braces 4 years ago and these are by far less noticeable. They're actually really smooth and don't hurt that much :D

xJx

#14 Post by xJx »

Wow they really are discreet,thanks for uploading some pictures
and good luck with your treatment!:)

newsboysgrl777

#15 Post by newsboysgrl777 »

awesome!! They look great!!! What you CANT see of them, that is ;) LOL What kind of ligs are they using?? Because I honestly can't see THOSE either!! I feel like asking my ortho if she'll put THOSE on me when I get re-braced after my wedding. (I have no idea if she even uses those...*frown*)