new clear archwire!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miss Smiley

new clear archwire!!

#1 Post by Miss Smiley »

I was looking up custom retainers and fell upon this website about clear archwires and retainer wires. I was going to bring this to the attention of my ortho and maybe he'll let me be his testee for this material.
http://www.biomersbraces.com/index.php
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

badbite

#2 Post by badbite »

That is really neat!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

abcdebbie

#3 Post by abcdebbie »

Interesting! Thanks for posting this!!!
(O\_l_/O)
Debbie

[/url]

Andromeda

#4 Post by Andromeda »

Yea I had something similar with my first set of braces. I asked for a tooth colored archwire because I had found some pics online of them and my ortho had never heard of it but he looked it up and ordered me one. I liked it. I moved a few months into treatment and my new ortho used his own special kind of archwires so I couldn't get the tooth colored ones anymore :(

You can see pics of it in my braces story if anyone is interested. I didn't know they had them for retainers as well. Definitely worth checking out ...

Thanks for the info :)

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Andromeda, these are non-metal. The ones you had were the teflon coated metal ones where the coating could chip away and still be left with a metal wire showing.

Andromeda

#6 Post by Andromeda »

Oh ok. I had just glanced at the site at first, but I can see the difference now. It seemed to serve the same purpose for me though. I never had a problem with chipping... although I guess it could happen if they just coat the metal wire with something. And with a retainer you don't keep getting new wires so it would make sense to have something that doesn't have any chance of chipping.

I think my ortho has a set standard of appliances he uses so I doubt he'd be willing to get me this type of retainer :( I read on my ortho's webpage though that they only ask their patients to wear their retainers at night so I guess it won't really matter if it's noticeable or not. I don't even know if they are giving me hawleys or essix but I think I might ask for hawleys bc I think they'd let my teeth settle better.

Thanks for clearing up my error :oops: hehe

Beckalicious

Q.C.M. Retainers

#7 Post by Beckalicious »

I actually saw them when I went for my last consultation. They're called the Q.C.M. Retainers. The look like a Wrap Around Howley with the metal part of the wire all the way in the back. The Ortho that I met with that has these types of retainers said most Orthos are changing to them and traditional Howleys are going out. He also said a lot of patients are better about wearing their retainers because they are discrete. Here's a link to the ones I saw in his office:http://www.c-miltec.co.jp/qcm/qcm_eg/retainer.html

Beckalicious

Q.C.M. Retainers

#8 Post by Beckalicious »

I actually saw them when I went for my last consultation. They're called the Q.C.M. Retainers. The look like a Wrap Around Howley with the metal part of the wire all the way in the back. The Ortho that I met with that has these types of retainers said most Orthos are changing to them and traditional Howleys are going out. He also said a lot of patients are better about wearing their retainers because they are discrete. Here's a link to the ones I saw in his office:http://www.c-miltec.co.jp/qcm/qcm_eg/retainer.html

Miss Smiley

#9 Post by Miss Smiley »

I think these are the ones with a round shape "wire" instead of a plastic "plate" piece.