Browneyedgrl's Journey~Updated~ 12/16

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

browneyedgrl

#166 Post by browneyedgrl »

Finally I uploaded pics, YEAH!!! The first one is from 12/07, the second is on brace day 1/08, and the last is from at almost 13 months 1/09.

Enjoy!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

metalmouthmommy

#167 Post by metalmouthmommy »

Well as I've said before B....your teeth have always LOOKED fantastic to me! But I am so glad to hear they are FEELING fantastic to you now!
It really is amazing how great it feels to have a perfect bite! I never knew what I was missing ;)

browneyedgrl

#168 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Katie,

They're getting there, a little more work on the top, but my bite is still the issue. I need to get up other pics so you can see what I mean. My centrals need to come in just a weeee bit as well. I hope either at my next appointment or after that I'll get elastics at be at the home stretch.

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

jenny101101

#169 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi B,

Your teeth look amazing!! I guess a Happy belated 1 year is in order! :D Booo for not getting them off yet but better late and have your bite perfect. Keep us posted!
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.

browneyedgrl

#170 Post by browneyedgrl »

Thanks Jenny!!!

They're getting there!!! We shall see what happens next week at my appointment. I hope that I'm going to start with elastics at this point, then I'll know I'll be at the home stretch!!!

B

[/url]

Andromeda

#171 Post by Andromeda »

Hi B, I was just reading your story and it seems like you and I are around the same point in treatment. I got mine on in March 08, so a couple months after you, but my teeth are pretty straight and have been for several months, and I think I am about to go into the bite correction phase bc that is still all messed up. I got a silver powerchain on the bottom last time just to tighten things up real good I guess bc I dont have any spaces that I can see, and my ortho said that next adjustment we would be doing a lot of different stuff (I'm assuming to correct the bite) so I am excited to see what they do. I go in next week on Feb 10. He estimated me at 8 months left last August, so I should be looking at around April if I stay on track for debanding. I'm going to ask next week what all needs to be done yet so I can watch for the changes and hopefully be able to get a better idea of how much longer I really might have.

If you want, you should check out my pics in my braces story by following my link at the bottom of my post. I just finally got around to posting my story and pics very recently even though I have had these almost a year, and I'd really like to have some comments from other people.

Your teeth are looking really good and hopefully we will both be going into bite correcting really soon!

Andromeda

#172 Post by Andromeda »

Hi B, I was just reading your story and it seems like you and I are around the same point in treatment. I got mine on in March 08, so a couple months after you, but my teeth are pretty straight and have been for several months, and I think I am about to go into the bite correction phase bc that is still all messed up. I got a silver powerchain on the bottom last time just to tighten things up real good I guess bc I dont have any spaces that I can see, and my ortho said that next adjustment we would be doing a lot of different stuff (I'm assuming to correct the bite) so I am excited to see what they do. I go in next week on Feb 10. He estimated me at 8 months left last August, so I should be looking at around April if I stay on track for debanding. I'm going to ask next week what all needs to be done yet so I can watch for the changes and hopefully be able to get a better idea of how much longer I really might have.

If you want, you should check out my pics in my braces story by following my link at the bottom of my post. I just finally got around to posting my story and pics very recently even though I have had these almost a year, and I'd really like to have some comments from other people.

Your teeth are looking really good and hopefully we will both be going into bite correcting really soon!

Andromeda

#173 Post by Andromeda »

Sorry for the double post, it kept telling me there was a server error everytime I tried to post it but apparently it went through anyway.... silly Arch Wired.

beth1966

#174 Post by beth1966 »

Hi!

Just wanted to say your teeth look AMAZING!!! You must be so happy with the results you are achieving!

I'm still on the fence about ceramic on top and metal on bottom or all metal - there is no price difference for ceramic. I can't get them until I save some more money - so I have time to think about it.

Do you know what brand bracket you have both in ceramic and metal?

Thanks!
Beth

browneyedgrl

#175 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Beth,

Thank you, I'm really happy with my progress, I can't wait for my bite to be corrected, and my TMJ has been acting up. Lots of stress...

As far as you being on the fence going with ceramic versus metal, go with your gut and your ortho's recommendation. Ceramics are somewhat discrete, but when you have a larger wire and powerchains, they're quite obvious.

I'm not sure what brand of brackets I have, but they're traditional ones that require ligatures or wire ties. I have an appointment on Thursday, so I'll have to ask.

B

[/url]

beth1966

#176 Post by beth1966 »

Hi and thanks - ortho offers both and says no difference in treatment time. So totally my choice - she seems to feel that the ceramic will be bulky on my top teeth but that is because the type of bracket she uses is one of the larger ceramic brackets. she says she used them ALL - (she has done a lot of research work at the university in our state) and she says she always comes back to these. The assisstant even asked her if I could try the ceramic on top and if i did not like them could i switch and she said yes. But then i would have to go thru debanding of all those which i really don't want to do. I was thinking of asking her if she could place a couple on my front teeth with something temporary so i can see how they feel vs. the metal. It amazes me that they don't have some kind of plate people could place in their mouth just to get an idea of the feel and look of ceramic vs. metal. I'm gonna be in these things for EIGHTEEN months - for me ofcourse it matters how they look! lol

Might not matter as much to a kid - but I have a highly visible professional job- i know people say time and again 'no one cares how your teeth look' etc -- but I do! :) My gut really isn't tell me anything right now.

I still might chicken out. Sorry to hear about your TMJ - i definitely think mine is totally stress induced - i've been feeling good lately.

browneyedgrl

#177 Post by browneyedgrl »

Andromeda,

Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday, as far as being on track, I was on schedule at my six month appointment and at eleven months I asked how much longer and it was at least another three months, that was 2 months ago. Unfortunately, an estimate is an estimate and I wish I was done at the estimated 12 months, but it is what it is. I had a few bumps in the road, so I figured that had something to do with it. My teeth haven't been as cooperative either, I'm hoping like you at my next appointment that my bite will be addressed, I'm expecting more IPR on my uppers and I've decided to not ask how much longer, I don't want to be disappointed. I'll be happy if they're off by July which will be 18 months.

B

[/url]

browneyedgrl

#178 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Beth,

My ortho told me the same thing as far as ceramic versus metal, treatment time will be the same. As far as the bulkiness, you get used to it within a couple of weeks.

I work in sales and I meet with people all day long so I'm not really conscious of my braces, but I can't stand when my upper powerchain is stained so I do make it a point to get it changed inbetween appointments.

I do have to tell you that now having braces for 13 months, no one really notices them. I was out with a co-worker the other day and he asked me if I still had my braces on, I looked at him and said you can't see them and his response was I don't even notice them anymore.

Don't chicken out, just do it when you're ready, you won't regret it!

B

[/url]

roost22

#179 Post by roost22 »

beth1966 wrote:Hi and thanks - ortho offers both and says no difference in treatment time. So totally my choice - she seems to feel that the ceramic will be bulky on my top teeth but that is because the type of bracket she uses is one of the larger ceramic brackets. she says she used them ALL - (she has done a lot of research work at the university in our state) and she says she always comes back to these. The assisstant even asked her if I could try the ceramic on top and if i did not like them could i switch and she said yes. But then i would have to go thru debanding of all those which i really don't want to do. I was thinking of asking her if she could place a couple on my front teeth with something temporary so i can see how they feel vs. the metal. It amazes me that they don't have some kind of plate people could place in their mouth just to get an idea of the feel and look of ceramic vs. metal. I'm gonna be in these things for EIGHTEEN months - for me ofcourse it matters how they look! lol

Might not matter as much to a kid - but I have a highly visible professional job- i know people say time and again 'no one cares how your teeth look' etc -- but I do! :) My gut really isn't tell me anything right now.

I still might chicken out. Sorry to hear about your TMJ - i definitely think mine is totally stress induced - i've been feeling good lately.
Beth, You need to sesame or get off the pot
lower metal brackets 12/3/2008, upper red,white and blue system12/29/08 , tx 12-16 months Image

bbsadmin

#180 Post by bbsadmin »

roost22 wrote:
beth1966 wrote:Hi and thanks - ortho offers both and says no difference in treatment time.

Beth, You need to sesame or get off the pot
This is a very impolite and inappropriate comment. Roost22, please do not say anything like this again.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!