When you first saw your brace what did you think?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lily

#46 Post by Lily »

I was pretty upset when I got mine on. They were a bit uncomfortable, eating was weird, flossing took forever AND I had huge coil springs on each side of my top arch.

I had no idea I was going to be getting those coil springs so it was a big shock and the main reason I was upset.. I cancelled my plans for that weekend and went into a bit of a funk for a few weeks.

Once you get to start talking a bit more normally and learn how to eat properly again it really truly does get better.

I honestly don't mind mine at the moment. Just remember that it's not forever and that you're doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your health.

I now wish I had done it years ago!

danish

#47 Post by danish »

I thought: O-M-G !? :shock: I'm still in recovery.....
Never regretted starting the treatment, though. Once I'm finished it'll be great! :dance:

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

Abbey70

#48 Post by Abbey70 »

:)

I just got mine on today and don't think they look too bad. We'll see.

Saruki

braces

#49 Post by Saruki »

Not to mention the thing that keeps your cheeks apart hurt _a lot_ when I was getting my braces on, today, it was literally digging into my gums the first part - made me cry. I had to hold it when they were putting my top ones on since that's when I realised it was that and not the braces she was putting on..

Anyway, all I said when she handed me the miror was "Oh my god ew. This looks horrible.." Obviously I was talking to myself, the assistant didnt even reply and just walked away as I watched myself in.. well.. disgust I'd say.. Worst thing is, my teeth are already straight, I just have an inbite(or almost since my top and bottom teeth are aligned one on the other).. It was hard for me, really hard.

I'm still getting use to it since it is my first day still, and I am 20.. Older than the average? Eating food is hard, but I'm slowly telling myself it doesn't look -that- bad. I've been talking about them all day to everyone, seeking social acceptance I guess. Heh. I feel lame, but it's the least I can do to try and feel better about them.

Anyways, I've got to go attempt brush my teeth now, see how all these tooth brushes and dental flossing works out. :P

JadeYoung

#50 Post by JadeYoung »

After putting the wires on, the assistant handed me a mirror and I looked in it. My first thought is, wow, my teeth are really crooked! I had bubble gum ligs, and I think they are kinda cute :D