bracedagain - Ken = New Update

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shinyRiver

#331 Post by shinyRiver »

You are voluntarily laid off, Ken? Aww. Everybody and their mother (literally) is laid off around here, with GM and Delphi closing and about a million other places downsizing... It's gonna be a long, lazy winter here in Ohio, huh?

Well, at least we've got our big, shiny smiles!!! :-#)

suzeeq22

#332 Post by suzeeq22 »

Ken - THANK YOU so much for the IPR info!!! I really appreciate it. I love it here.....everyone is so great! I have not posted my story or pix yet......I'm not so computer savy but this will by my first visit back to the ortho since being braced!! I'm actaully looking forward to it!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Sue

LongInTheT

hi, Ken

#333 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi, Ken

I was sorry to hear about your job, even tho you have gone voluntarily. These are bad times, aren't they? One of my sons is out of work and the other hasn't got a permanent job - there is just so much less out there than there was a few months ago...
Anyway, thank you for your comments on my place.
Cheers, LITT
PS Thank you, too, for the excellent link...

my3sons

#334 Post by my3sons »

Hi Ken
Just noticed you're from Ohio...are you getting hammered with the storm today, too? Our kids just found out there's no school, so now my secretly pregnant self has to figure out something to do with them! If I wasn't so darn tired, I'd bake Christmas cookies...we'll see.
Anyway, enjoy your practice retirement...things will look up!

Tara

Miranbrady20

#335 Post by Miranbrady20 »

hey dude! whats new? ow have your teeth been lately!! haha havent heard from you in a while i hope all is well!... message me some time! and check out some of my new pics i got my 7 month update!!! its like night and day compared to my 1st pics :) see ya around!

I love my teeth

#336 Post by I love my teeth »

Ken-

It's really good to see you back here, I've missed your posts!! sorry to hear of your setbacks!!

I just got my tpa installed about 2 weeks ago--it was hard the first week, but then I did get used to it--and yesterday I felt like I was actually able to eat normally again! So, now I hardly notice it, except when stringy stuff gets caught around the wire and gags me--gross!!

my gaps are starting to close, OD said I only have to wear it when he pulls back my canines--3-5months (hopefully not longer!!)

good luck with everything!!
Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Miranbrady20

#337 Post by Miranbrady20 »

so glad to finally see you back! thanks for stopping by my page! I feel likes its been forever since I saw you blog!... I wanna see some new pics! I'm glad that you are getting things underway so hopfully it will all be over soon!

starzz

#338 Post by starzz »

Hey Ken,

We missed you around here. This process teaches us patience. I read somewhere that baking soda plus salt rinse is good for killing bacteria on gums and in pockets.

As for me, I progress slowly. Have been in elastics now for 2 years but no devices.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

petitcanard

#339 Post by petitcanard »

Hi Ken, what a journey you've had!!! Hopefully they get your gums whipped into shape and you can exit your holding pattern :) Looking forward to seeing new pics!

My story lives here

bracesweden

long time no see

#340 Post by bracesweden »

Hiya Ken,

long time no see.

Seems you are doing good....atleast mostly. Keep your progress posted. I think we have / having similar journeys. i still have around 9m-1y in braces, but at my last adjustment my ortho said it was coming along nicely.

Keep up the great work and do post pics!!!

All the best!

petitcanard

#341 Post by petitcanard »

Lookin good, Ken! I love the xmas ligs :):)

My story lives here

petitcanard

#342 Post by petitcanard »

Woot! Nice :) I'm not brave enough yet for alternating colors, but hopefully after my first adjustment I'll have less time in between and I can experiment more. I'm definitely doing the red & green next xmas! :D

My story lives here

sniffer

test

#343 Post by sniffer »

Test

LongInTheT

hi Ken

#344 Post by LongInTheT »

Hi Ken,
I haven't been on here for a while, but it is good to read your story again.
I guess perio problems never really go away completely. I am mostly obsessive about brushing, but have had odd bits of bleeding gums when eg I ate a load of spare icing after making my daughter's birthday cake and didn't clean my teeth after - I know this sort of thing is my fault but I just want to forget my stupid teeth for a bit!
Anyway, your teeth and Xmas-type ligs look good. Braces do get to be a way of life, don't they...I'm supposed to be getting my braces off this week and instead of being excited I'm really nervous and getting quite nostalgic about my dear familiar braces..They just feel like part of me, and I'm sure you feel the same..
all the best, LITT

I love my teeth

#345 Post by I love my teeth »

Hey Ken-

I have had my TPA for nearly 6weeks now, and the first 2 were tough, but now I hardly notice it---I do find it a challenge to eat (and have lost a few more pounds!!) I find soft, bready things get stuck to the roof of my mouth (between the plastic piece at the front and the wire at the back, and sometimes stringy things get caught by the back wire and hang down my throat!) If you try to keep the food off the roof of your mouth it's not too bad! Public eating has once again become a challenge--I don't find reaching in and picking a piece of dangling spinach off the wire at home!

Good luck with it--just thought you might like to hear that you do eventually get used to it!!

Nice Pens score the other night--8-3!!!

Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]